Twisting corridors prot or ret when playing with a mage?

The title says it all really been teaming up with a mage for TC so far we made it to layer 7 as prot/arcane, I was wondering whether it would be better for me to play ret for the last layers ( I usually main ret only prot for torghast and sometimes mythics) ? I have a 190 ilvl weapon as prot but a 207 one as ret, would the extra damage from being ret be good? Or should I stay as prot? Looking for some advice so we can have the best chance to get all the layers done. Thanks

Ret is just a horrible spec and Prot got really good anima powers. Ontop of that by going dps spec your increasing the health of enemies and unless you can back that up with more damage its not a good trade.

As Prot you can just tank and the Mage burn and you have the tools to keep both of you alive.

1 Like

Go Prot, you get some amazing powers. I’ve had near permanent wings that do 120% increased effects on many runs.
Do not take the immune from damage for 1.5 minutes power though, as all mobs will ignore you & target your party members instead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.