Twisting Nether vs Tarren Mill

I am currently playing horde on Outland, needless to say I made a stupid choice in the past (peer pressure). The people I moved there for don’t play anymore however and since guilds are still not cross-realm I am basically forced to move (I enjoy active guild life).

I am looking to move to either TM or TN. Population numbers seem to be about the same. Both have a huge guild on there (Echo and Method) to keep the realms alive and both don’t seem so populated that patch days should give big problems (looking at you Kazzak).

I read that AH prices should be higher on TM and that TN has more Iranian/Turkish players and seems to be a tad more elitist. (I don’t know if that is true though, just read it once.)

For choosing the right realm I am looking for differences between the two. If anyone could enlighten me that would be VERY much appreciated!

There are 4 massive Horde servers, all with their “pro’s and con’s” but this is a TL:DR off my experience and opinion. Again, this is MY EXPERIENCE, it can be different for other players…

• Tarren Mill: the biggest realm, also the most tryhard and sweat heavy realm, exactly because Echo resides there. They all think they have to mimic them to have a “chance” too enter “the big dog” guild.
  • Draenor: the 2nd biggest Horde realm, used to be the biggest, ALOT and I mean ALOT of kids reside there from back when it was the largest (BFA). They chose the biggest realm and done.
  • Twisting Nether: the 3th biggest Horde realm, Never was the biggest because Draenor was, this fended off the realm from the “kids”, Also since Method dropped popularity alot of the sweaty tryhards transferred (or rerolled) onto TM.
    Generally a balanced realm between Tryhard and Casual guilds.
  • Kazzak: the 4th biggest horde realm, it does not have the issue’s you claim it has. Instead it has EXTREME toxicity towards other realms. It is not coincidence that most off the ppl on my Ignore list are from Kazzak. I’ve seen plenty of “Why is Kazzak so toxic” forum posts and Kazzak players bieing actually Toxic on these forums. One advice: STAY CLEAR OF KAZZAK AT ALL COSTS.

I am unsure about the Indian/Turkish players, I think that’s just a meme.

If you need to choose, Choose between TM, TN or Draenor accordingly. The points above could give you an indication, depending your playstyle you might fit better with one or another.
BEAR IN MIND this is a generalization, there are outliners obviously.

This is how I chose Twisting Nether.
I am a little bit off a tryhard, but not to sweaty. If I miss a raidweek or two I’m not going to stress about it. If I try to fill my vault slots but some weekss I only do 1 M+ if I don’t feel like it.

Thanks for the elaborate answer :slight_smile: This is really nice!

Seems like you see TM and TN try hardedness the other way around from what I read before. Let’s hope I find out which one really is the try hard one so I can avoid it! :wink:
I read the same thing about Kazzak. So I will avoid that. Also thanks for the kids warning on Draenor. I am 34 so I wont like it there :).

Why did Method drop the popularity?

1 Like

TM suffers from bieing the nr 1 realm. It’s like a combination off Draenor and Tryhardness from having Echo.
I don’t think you can make a wrong chose in TM vs TN though. Both very nice realms to play on.

Google, Methodjosh incident.

I am glad Method is back on track to bieing a better guild.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.