Twitch: same country, different prices for subscriptions

There is a nice WoW streamer who helped me out a lot, and I wanted to gift him a subscription. It’s been at least 4 years since I last subscribed to anyone, but I deleted my old Twitch account years ago and created a new one a couple of months ago.

The first thing I did was vent to my real-life friend about what’s wrong with Twitch, asking for such astronomical prices for a subscription. My friend said he didn’t know what I was talking about, as the prices are the same as always, and showed me screenshots of the subscription prices for the streamer and others for comparison.

So, I sent him screenshots from the same streamer, and he also didn’t know what was going on and why I have to pay 25% more. We’re both from the same country, and the prices are shown to us in the correct currency.

Maybe new accounts have new pricing? We can’t think of anything else.

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/local-subscription-pricing?language=en_US#whoaffected

It could be because you’re a new Twitch account the new price change is effective immediately while the old one is not rolled out yet to encourage old Twitch accounts to buy a sub now until it is fully rolled out as long as the offer lasts.

1 Like

I thought that might be the case. Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.