Two versions of WPvP coming soon

Looking forward to Classic WoW, because we will have two versions of WPvP: Classic or War Mode WPvP.

1. Classic: Those that don’t appreciate cross realm zone shards, LfG, phasing, flying, easy gear, outnumbered bonus/aoo in War Mode, get to (re)experience single realm WPvP in Classic.
  2. War Mode: Those that appreciate or don’t mind those aspects, get to keep that experience in War Mode.

Subzone faction imbalance and ganking are gonna happen in both versions of WoW WPvP, but they will be handled by players slightly differently. For example in Classic, “getting your main” is a viable tactic.

I love the idea of WPvP guilds. In War Mode they are a ‘nice thing to have’ and can be fun - but inter guild rivalries and battles are hindered by shards. In Classic, WPvP guilds will have a real purpose, and should be a lot of fun. I hope the way Classic PvP servers are set up will allow proper guild interactions.

Anyone thinking about forming/joining Classic WPvP guilds? You might think it’s too early, but there are guilds already forming up! Suggest Classic or War Mode guilds to be added to this list of WPvP guilds.

2 Likes

The only thing that scares me with this is ending up on a realm that is heavy dominated to one faction.

I joined a pvp server that was horde dominant before, and being a hordie, it was extremely boring - I hope the hype we see towards the pvp realms will stay that way and we can have some fun with this :blush:

2 Likes

Ye, true, but it’s going to be great to have that choice between two systems.
A. Sharded faction balance in BfA, except LfG imbalances it, or
B. Faction balance dependent on Classic server pop, but no LfG to complicate balance.

Hopefully WPvP guilds will spring up, and certain servers will become the known good ones for WPvP. I don’t mind outnumbered, as long as there’s WPvP guild(s) to retaliate. Ye, if outnumberer, could be boring. Need WPvP guilds for conflict. Time will tell!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a big concern. Once realms are announced, I’ll be looking for:

• Realm with faction interest of 60/40 or similar, with 60 being the opposite to what faction I choose to go with.
  • No streamers on a realm.
  • Mentions about WPvP from players who want to play on it.
  • Notable guilds, etc, could be a bonus.

And then only hope that it was a correct choice :sweat_smile:

Hopefully it’s going to happen, but since there won’t be an easy “Realm transfer” for quite some time - initial realm choice will be quite the challenge, hehe

More than 20% difference/outnumbering is going to be VERY boring.

I just hope once Server/Realm lists is available - Realmpop or Wowhead will launch a tool for players to pick where they plan to go, so everybody could see a possible faction distribution, maybe even guilds and classes.

2 Likes

Gonna keep an eye out for talk of Horde and Alliance Classic WPvP guilds - I’ll go where they go :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.