TWW - Arachnophobia

• I Would like to thank Blizzard for adding the “Arachnophobia” Feature, As a rare condition (6%) i didnt think they would add such thing
  • And honestly Bugs were kinda an issue for me to do some content Like Woltk Raids (Icecrown-naxx etc) And This Feature is HUGE than you think, Makes the game Waaaaaay less Disgusting
  • Im Curious if it works on the beetle family too (Mounts - pets - world critters) if you got any information, let me know please.
3 Likes

I don’t really have a fear of spiders, but that spider cavern when I entered as a fire mage was a WeeWoo moment for me.

Note to the onlookers: In TWW spiders will be changed to crabs.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that it would be better if they filter the beetle family (Entomophobia)
i mean spiders arent 100% red flag but since they added that feature, why not filter others as well

So inconsiderate for people that have a phobia of both spiders AND crabs!

I’m sure Blizz will eventually give more options on what to change it too. Who wouldn’t want sheep crawling on webs and walls? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

As an arachnophobia sufferer myself, I am lucky that WoW’s Spiders don’t really trigger my fear response in the way that other game’s spiders have done in the past. I think its a great feature, and a reasonable adjustment for players for whom it is an issue.

Lol were not aware of this, wish could disable spiders in real aswell. Cant stand those abominations, the bigger it is the more horrible it is. :joy:

2 Likes

i Hope They give more options, i really do.

• Or A Cow Jumpscare
1 Like

Very accurate
I Have NO Idea how in the world you found a spoodercow, jesus…

How many phobias you have?

Phobia isnt necessary to make you turn on filter For obvious disgusting reasons
Like Turn filter on when you’re eating while playing so you dont get grossed out by them
Dont you think?

I am deadly scared of sheep, polymorh doubles as a fear on me :frowning:

2 Likes

Same, however the damn spiders in Hogwarts Legacy… Whenever I was in a cave I had to squint my eyes to the point of barely being able to see anything (and muting the damn sound cause hell no) and just mashing my buttons hoping it would turn out good.

I have arachnophobia too but… It’s just pixels.

I find it silly somewhat. I got a fear of heights and depths into the unknown, yet I got no issues jumping off a cliff into the sea in a video game because it ain’t real… :dracthyr_shrug:

You’re talking about different things…
You cant compare Height fear to Living creatures
Fox do be silly bleh

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you have that fear, I don’t know if it helps but here is a beautiful poem that might help or change your perspective a little bit.

“To the spider,
the shadowed creature in the corner of the room
I hate you.
You scared me just as your brothers and sisters did before you,
and I will tell you what I told them,
You are a trespasser that does not belong here.
You entered without knocking.
Roamed freely like this is your home and decorated my walls with unwanted, silk webs without asking.
You may not be the only killer here, but only one of us is innocent,
and it’s not you.
The spider says to me, it’s brittle body squashed and dying,
It’s not you, either.
There is venom infused in my fang-shaped maws,
but I was born this way.
What’s your excuse?
If you could count your murders, how long would you be counting?
Am I really this threatening?
I thought human hearts were bigger that mine, but you have killed with malice instead of marrow of your bones and poison bubbling behind your scowl
And I’m sorry for scaring you,
but I didn’t know being seen would cost me my life.
Maybe
If you didn’t fabricate the prickly feeling of my legs creeping upon your skin while I crawled across the living room floor,
If the webs I weaved were made of cotton candy and captured clementines, cherries, and sweet peas rather than struggling wings and blood;
If I had a pink tongue, push fur, a wagging tail, and fur legs instead of eight
If I had only two eyes, and they were glittering stars and not supermassive block holes;
If I was the same but looked different;
maybe you wouldn’t hate me.
Maybe you wouldn’t have loved me, either, and maybe you still wouldn’t have let me stay,
but maybe you would’ve shown me the door or a window.
Maybe you would’ve shown me mercy.
(But you are still standing, and I am still sorry).
I think
maybe,
no matter how reluctant,
mercy would’ve been enough.”

I would have an idea for another filter, but I am not allowed to say it out loud.

One of the most ridiculous things ever implemented to a game.

Yeah, excuse me Blizzard, excuse me YEAH HELLO in the back here thank you…
I got some big stupid allergies, so if you could add a stupid-filter that blocks all messages from people below 130iq that would be nice thanks.
Also filter guys and ugly people, I just wanna chat with hot girls.