TWW feral feedback

While it’s regrettable not to have access to the Alpha, I’m eager to contribute what I can by offering insights based on speculation and imagination. Here we go :smile:

General Changes:

• The proposed increase in ability damage and direct damage for certain abilities is a welcome buff. It’s crucial that these adjustments contribute to a balanced rotation and competitive damage output across various gameplay scenarios, including AoE, Cleave, and Single Target encounters. In today’s gaming landscape, versatility is key, and every spec should have the opportunity to excel in any given situation.
  • With the reduction in durations for Berserk and Incarnation, there’s potential for a more bursty playstyle. However, it’s essential to ensure that these changes don’t leave abilities feeling underwhelming. Tuning these aspects will be pivotal in maintaining the excitement and impact of these core abilities.

New Talents:

• Concerning the newly introduced talents “Resourceful Hunter” and “Coiled to Spring,” there are reservations about their effectiveness. At first glance, they appear to diverge from the envisioned direction for the Feral spec. “Resourceful Hunter” seems lackluster in its bonuses, while “Coiled to Spring” may promote suboptimal gameplay by encouraging overcapping combo points, especially during Berserk. It’s crucial to reevaluate these talents to align them more closely with the desired gameplay experience for Feral Druids.
  • “Savage Fury” presents an interesting concept, but its current implementation may fall short of expectations. While the provided bonuses to Haste and Energy recovery rate offer noticeable impacts on gameplay, further adjustments are necessary to ensure its effectiveness matches the spec’s needs and player expectations. Doubling the duration and haste bonuses could potentially elevate the talent to a more desirable choice for Feral Druids.

Redesigned Talents:

• The removal of the cooldown reset from “Predator” is likely to disappoint some players. It’s imperative to explore additional mechanics or enhancements to compensate for this loss, as the talent’s current iteration may lack the excitement and engagement expected from a core talent choice.
  • The alterations to “Taste for Blood” and “Raging Fury” reflect attempts to simplify talent functionality. However, concerns arise regarding their current effectiveness and potential improvements. “Taste for Blood” has transitioned into a straightforward damage buff, losing some of its previous synergy with bleeds on the target. Similarly, “Raging Fury” appears lacking in depth, offering little beyond extending the duration of Tiger’s Fury. These talents would benefit from additional mechanics or enhancements to provide more engaging gameplay options.

I believe Raging Fury could be further enhanced by adding a mechanic that promotes more dynamic gameplay and strategic decision-making. One idea could be to introduce a reduction in the cooldown of Tiger’s Fury for each combo point spent with a finisher.

For example, for every combo point used with a finisher, the cooldown of Tiger’s Fury could be reduced by 0.X seconds. This adjustment would maintain the spec’s intention of not guaranteeing 100% uptime of Tiger’s Fury but would provide players with consistent access to the buff throughout their rotation, whether in Single Target or AoE scenarios.

By incorporating this mechanic, Raging Fury would not extend the duration of Tiger’s Fury but offer a means to manage its cooldown more actively. This would add depth to the talent and empower players to make strategic choices based on their current energy and combo point resources.

I believe this adjustment would enhance the gameplay experience and further align Raging Fury with the spec’s goals of promoting tactical decision-making and engaging gameplay.

What are your thoughts on this potential addition to Raging Fury?

Energy Management and Costs:

• While the proposed slowdown in energy regeneration may facilitate easier management of bleeds and utility spells, balancing this reduction is crucial to prevent excessive downtime or frustration during gameplay. Players should never find themselves sitting idle due to energy limitations. Introducing additional utility abilities or interactions during energy downtime could help maintain player engagement and mitigate potential frustrations.

Conclusion :
while some of the proposed changes may seem lackluster, it’s essential to recognize the developers’ efforts and the opportunity provided to offer feedback. Respectful communication and collaboration between players and developers are paramount in ensuring the Feral Druid experience is both enjoyable and competitive.

I’d like to extend my gratitude to the developers for their dedication to refining the Feral spec. It’s hard to work when there is only insults and not enough feedbacks, so i would urge people to be respectful.

Reflecting on past iterations, such as the engaging gameplay of Season 1 in AoE scenarios and the effectiveness of Season 3 in raids. Those were moments of exhilarating gameplay and unmatched excitement. If we can capture even a fraction of that magic in the upcoming changes, it would be a testament to the dedication and passion of both the developers and the player community.

Edited :

• Added potential improvement idea for “Raging fury”.
1 Like

Do not remove Moonkin form for Feral. Seriously. I know it is hardly used for DPS but I think it is a major flavour item. It would be a shame to remove another of those funny little niche things from WoW. Oh, and I do use Flap a lot, even as Feral.

If you must, remove the damage bonus from Moonkin form (does it even still have one? Don’t even know) but please let me dance and flap around in Moonkin form as before.

I know, minor thing, but hearing that Blizz plans to remove it really wound me up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.