TWW - new race poll

I feel like there is a disconnect between blizzard and the community.

We see now a Dwarf race and a Human race with tusks being made and nobody is asking for them in Dragonflight everybody wanted the Drakonid not the small lizzard race we got.

So should blizzard not make a poll like they did a few years ago with the 5 mount options and the community took the tree mount above the others. I think its about time blizzard should do this with races aswell. Atleast in the Horde community i see demand for Ogres and Forest Trolls i never seen anybody ask for Dwarfs and Humans.

4 Likes

I think the races offered are always going to fit in with the story being told.

It’s no good saying oh but I want playable [insert race here] only for them to not feature in the new expansion.

3 Likes

I think they’re elves who hadn’t fully evolved into trolls, to be honest.

Also, polling doesn’t work with the community. SL’s S4’s dungeon vote is an excellent example of that.

1 Like

Other way around. Trolls evolved into Elves. =p
It’s probably why Talanji is involved.

1 Like

That poll doesn’t inspire any confidence is such feedback. That resulted in a stupid tree as a mount. Have you seen anybody using that as a mount to get around anywhere?

4 Likes

Still using it! I love it (:

2 Likes

I think earthen turned out amazing and i cant wait to play one.

The trelves arent quite my style but i see the appeal in them.
(But theres no way of knowing if they are even being considered as a playable race yet)

For now, imma trust blizzard on this.

Said it before and I’ll keep saying it. I want all classes for all races before another race.

3 Likes

Some people just want to see the world burn I guess.

Not sure what will look more ridiculous, mechagnome or Tauren DH.

2 Likes

As a big dwarf fan, I actually love the new allied race.:fire:

This.
The way I see it, feedback is great and all when it comes to fine tuning, but ultimately the devs should do their thing.
WoW is a service, but it’s also a work of narrative, interactive art. I’m not sure I like the idea that they ask me what I want. I want them to tell me what they want to tell me, if I’m making sense. If they think more dwarves are cool, I’m going in with an open mind and try and see what’s cool about them.

1 Like

New Core Playable Races suggestions: Ogre, Forest Trolls, Vrykul, Saberon, Arrakoa.

With the crap blizz pulling this argument has zero value.
Nothing fits the story anymore and just because we are going to the underground does not automatically mean we should get the earthen dwarves.

I hate this about blizz they trying to pretend they following the lore like some hardcore geeks from the 90s but in same time the game has become clown fiesta with zero identity.

2 Likes

Shadowlands says hi.

1 Like

I all for new esthetics…

But I wonder at which point “playable race” should become some sort of “transmog” of an existing race.

Especially because its obvious that even races that dont look the same, they use the same animations as existing ones.

For example, Suramar elves are not exactly like Nelfs, but they use similar animations. So why should not they be “transmogs” of a generalized “elf” race?

1 Like

Shadowlands was ok.

1 Like

Always been and always will be.

I understand people not liking them but you can’t pretend they aren’t a big part of the TWW expansion and our main focal point.

Bit of an overreaction there.

If you don’t like a class/race combo, don’t play it.

We have freaking magical girls doing role play while tanking mythic plus, but we can’t have void elf paladins.

1 Like