TWW Prepatch Mage Tower Challenge

What is the best talent build and stats to defeat Agatha on Fury? I feel that since the prepatch it’s impossible to kill her… My damage is way less than before…

2 Likes

The mage tower challenges seem to be very overtuned since the The War Within pre-patch launched.
I was close to completing “Closing the Eye” and “The God-Queen’s Fury” on the day before the pre-patch. But now with the new patch live the same challenges are much more brutal.
I’ve not had any luck in completing these challenges after the pre-patch hit… :frowning:

I did all 36 mage tower challenges back in legion (all classes/spec) . Tried today the destro warlock challenge (felltotems fall). I was not able to survive longer then 30-40 seconds, even with very good gear (25 gem sockets) and enchants. Incoming Damage is way to high (maybe 100% more), Enemy life ist maybe 50% higher then before the prepatch. Scaling is realy brutal…

2 Likes

Good to see that there is actually something going on with the scaling and it wasn’t just “me”.

In the meantime I managed to finish the Fury challenge, after wiping like 50 times on Agatha…

Sounds like it is doable then; a good balance point to be at
:dracthyr_nod:

I think the challenges were undertuned in DF, you could go in there with half an idea of what to do and 1-2 shot it, they got a lot easier in DF. I haven’t tried it in TWW so it may well be overtuned now, but the mage tower went from being a challenge to being a formality with a lot of specs.

When it was added in Legion, patch 7.2 I think, just before TOS came out, it was utterly ridiculous how hard it was. But by late Legion you could overgear it massively, to the point where it was faceroll, and I think Blizzard in DF got closer to that level of difficulty. Pointless to worry about it now, when TWW comes out you will have Hero talents too.

1 Like

Yeah. In the meantime did it with Ele too… The common denominator is using food and the augmentation rune + Sylvan Elixir + AoE talents if needed