Tyranical vs. Fortified

Tyrannical is just overtuned on some bosses. And its not the boss HP, that is fine. Its the additional boss dmg, that can be riddiculous, like first boss in Brackenhide on tyrranical is stupid for example. You need group with immunities+ atleast one pala for Bop. IMO tyranical needs a change, instead of Increased boss Dmg just keep only the extra HP of the bosses and even give it + 5% of extra to compensate or something.

1 Like

Tyranical feels completly out of whack, or rather certain Dungeons with Tyranical, like HoI or Ulda, Khajin is absolutly out of whack or Talondras Dot + AoE is just absurd and then you have Dungeons like UR where like nothing happens at any boss fight.

Like for real, how is it that certain bosses deal like more damage then some Bosses in all Dungeons do combined.

1 Like

Just like usually, fortified turned out way easier this season too.

Tyrannical needs nerf, way to much hp.

Tyranical is a beautiful competence check. Either people understands mechanics and runs go super smooth or they dont and then dungeons are uncompletable.

Fortified you can bruteforce. Tyranical ? You cannot in majority of pugs

Or much more liekly people do way to little dps.

Want example ? Just did neltharus 14 left key after 2nd Boss cause i dont have time or patience for wipefestas. Mamoth went down no problem casue bl then 2nd Boss wipe on 11 % . Why ? Because we had 2 people doing 40 k dps . And only one above 80 k . So we were doing it with 2 dps instead of 3.

sometimes it is not about the mechanics though.
Something are unavoidable that just will murder you straight up.

Some bosses that do that and require crazy healing:
3rd boss HOI, 3rd boss uldaman, 1st boss bh, 2nd & 3rd boss vp

so of course there are bosses that murder you if you dont do mechanics, but that is how it should be.

If there are unavoidable mechanics, at least give healers the tools to deal with it and stop putting stuff like WW target the healer while there is a dot ticking for 100k every sec. When you have to rely on a lucky crit to clear the dot instantly or die trying, it is just straight up not fun.

1 Like

Tyrannical and Fortified just need to go. They are dated concepts and just make dungeons unfun. Having mini-bosses that are stronger than bosses on fortified is just horrible. Same with Bosses on Tyrannical that feel like mythic raid bosses in terms of number tuning, while the trash of the dungeon just falls over when you look at it.

Either week makes the dungeon pacing feel out of whack, and makes tuning a living nightmare. Trash tuned for fortified is too easy on tyrannical, and if it’s tuned for tyrannical it’s too hard on fortified. Same goes for bosses.

Just ditch them and properly tune dungeons instead.

2 Likes

Underrot shows how things should be tuned. Trash is deadly but has reliable outplay options (except maybe the blood ticks in fortified weeks) and the bosses are also well designed. First boss is a dmg check and all mechanics are avoidable. Second boss involves a lot of dodging, a fair heal check, some running around and squishing worms. Third boss is a “do the mechanics= cakewalk, fail the mechanics= wipe” - boss. Final boss, is a positioning heavy fight with a challenging but fair and constant healing check. But then you also have Halls of Infusion with incredibly annoying mobs, especially in the beginning, and a tedious third boss where your biggest concern as a healer is to have some spare mana left in case your DD’s don’t dish out good dps. And of course a final boss which is just a huge time waster in tyrannical weeks.

1 Like

Depends, some mobs are really hard to heal. Take the dragon mobs in VP, those orbs in HoI. They hurts sooo much.

UR is imo perfectly tuned, not over easy, not way too hard Some other places feel way harder.

It’s not like I’m looking for walks in the park, but some dungeons are unforgivable and have way too much unavoidable dmg.

I also think Neltharus (at least that feels like that to me) is pretty well tuned.

1 Like

yes underrot is quite good from the design. we can argue a little bit about cragmaw as i think it is significantly harder if you have wheelchair classes on board, but aside from that yeah it is quite good. the only trash that is now hard are these random aggro bats that clap you with 2 hits. bonus points if they get bolstered. the frontal aoe of the maggot could be more visible if you want to talk about perfect dungeon

if by well tuned you mean that this dungeon is overtuned no matter thr week you play it then yes. the time is tight, the bosses are very healing intensive and generally deadly. mobs hit very hard and the dungeon feels very big and slow. one of my least favorite dungeons so far besides uldaman

I just dont have much issues with Neltharus, unless the group itself is bad. But sure, it’s not perfect.

Cragmaw is difficult, but it also depends, in pugs everyone runs the same way, when not in pugs, you give people directions where to go. Not saying it’s an easy dungeon, but I enjoy it more than I assumed I would. E.g. Halls of Infusion, I really hate doing that one, for me most annoying place in S2, and yes over BH, I actually start to like BH :slight_smile:

i think tyrannical should have %300 hp buff since boss is a lot more fun when it takes 10 min to kill according to blizz

tink forfied tresh bit too much most group vp sec trycal boss just too much hp depents like 20 would tink boss dont fall over halls also bit much

While tyranical and fortified are both terrible designs that create more problems than they solve I also like to throw the combination with the other affixes in the ring.

Afflicted combined with tyranical 3rd boss Neltharion Lair is just stupid. Most classes will die from the retch debuff that hits everyone (if it ticks full duration it will exceed players health on tyranical higher keys). In addition to this you have between every retch also two afflicted mobs coming in. So in the best case scenario and you have 5 classes that can dispell the retch, you ONLY need to heal up a single afflicted mob combined with the initial unavoidable ticks from retch and the unavoidable damage from rocks.

This is just a single example, but there are a lot of these. It is also so that you can bruteforce or strategize around fortified as you have loads of options to go about how to handle trash. For tyranical it just seems that they forgot to tune it initially and didn’t even consider what the impact of the newly vomitted up affixes would result in.

3 Likes

Annnnd this is why Affixes shouldn’t really happen during boss fights. If someone can give me a positive challenge experience of affixes having been great during boss encounters, i’d love to know.

2 Likes

The sad Thing about it it’s nothing new…
Why got Bolstering nerfed? Because people complained that it takes ages to kill a bolsterd add. Hp reduced.
I don’t mind playing a boss abit longer.
But when the Nurmbers on unavoidable Mechanics skyrocket like at the momment you have world first key’s where a healer have to output 220k hps on a Boss.
Done in a worldfirst Hoi 26 Tyrannical. I mean what crackhead do you expect healers to be ?
i would suggest removing damagebuffs on tyrannical and Fortified for an better balanced Version.
There are several issues in M+ atm:

• Tyrannical vs. Fortified
  • Targetswitches (totem VP etc.) That not all classes can do easily
  • Dps Mechaniks that punish healers
  • Rnd Jesus (I hate Lair to praise to Rng Jesus that maybe this Time i don’t get hit by two Stones in a row and get two shottet in 0,1 sekonds)
  • Caster Hate in some dungeons ( Vp try to play it as Destro lock and have fun =D )

And The Final nail to the Coffin
The Belief of the Def’s what every Healer should be able to do output enormus ammount of hps. The Coming Nerf of all Offhealers like Sham pal shadow will worsen the whole situation.
And I have a question for the Dev’s:
Why do you try to bully every healer out of m+ content ?
Out of my whole guild only 2/21 Healers even try to play higher Key’s and try to push.
Why ? Because it feel’s absolut …(curseword) to play a healer in m+ atm.
The question i asking myself before every start of a key isn’t can we Time it. It is can we even survive this ? And i would say i have a pretty good healer on my side.

Don’t Understand me Wrong i Love m+ it’s my favorite Content in wow. But atm i don’t want to torture the healers in trying to go higher x.x

But why was the greatest Benefit of Shdowlands removed ?
for Tanks it was an absolutly benefitting system that every tank buster does half magic half physical damage.
Now i regularly see:
-a Dudu tank get oneshottet because o a magic effect.
-Dh struggeling because only Physical damage
-Pala’s getting oneshottet because only one big hit bad luck you didn’t block
-Warri’s getting huge hit#s because you can only spellreflect every second ability

but well the pain of the tank isn’t even coming close to the pain of the healers x.x

currently there is not much pain as tank.
Tanks are free atm until you run very high.
I did not have any problem running a +16 on my prot warri with ilvl 498 and I didn’t even get close to dying and usually dont even need any def cd the whole dungeon.

healers have it rough because dds are just terrible (90% of the time). They don’t know their kit as they just copied their build from wowhead and they more often than not do tank lvl of damage. On top of that they ignore any avoidable dmg and stand in every fire possible while also ignoring boss mechanics as much as they can.

If you play healer with decent dds you will find that playing healer is actually fun and much less stress
since we cannot change the behavior of dds, I guess the only thing you could do is buff healers, which leads than good groups to push through the roof or it looks like healers are not healing anymore

1 Like

you 're right!
But when you going more into 20+ the tank get’s a lot of damage. and the half physical magical split was a really great feature to balance out tanks =)

I don’t talk about the key’s with failing dd’s of course they are hard. I am talking about unavoidable damage! Mechanics you can’t do anything against it like the doT’s of Uldaman 5th Boss, HoI 3th Boss, Lair 3th Boss etc. They are way too punishing for healers.
And the coming changes on PTR for offhealers like shadow shaman dudu etc. getting nerfed makes the whole situation worse.

And Yes good groups will Skyrocket, but they will alway’s do!
don’t forget the casuals and the semicasual’s