Tyranical vs. Fortified

Is this week another out of season april fool’s to you?

we ran many m+ this season, last week we cleared some 20+ key’s intime some in overtime and some we didn’t even try to attempt.

This week we can’t even clear 18+ ?

Why are the Bosses in m+ so hard overtuned?
As an example the 3th. Boss in Hall’s of Infusion 18+ deals an massive ammount of damage to all players with a non removable dot! Alone this dot need’s at least 150k hps (mostly from the healer) to survive.
Am i playing with wrong players? I wound’t say so I’m playing with the same healer whom i cleared last week’s 20+
But funny thing the most things holding us back from clearing the last week’s other dungeons wasn’t the trash mobs. It was the Bosses. Even in 20+ Fortified the worst enemy’s aren’t trash. It’s the completly overtuned bosses like last one in VP, nearly every boss in Uldaman, every Boss in Neltarus, third Boss in NL and the list goes on.

Is it really that hard to realise that the needed hps and the possible hps from nearly all healers aren’t matching?

we had to leave a 17+ key yesterday because 90k+ hps from the healer wasn’t enougth to even clear the boss.

Blizzard why do you hate healers so much ?
first you gave all(ecxept priest) kick’s so they have another job in m+ then you nerfed all healers by 25% and now the content is extremly hard mainly carried by healers.
on my side you can nerf all Bossdamage by 20-25% and the bosses would still be difficult

On my understanding healing is the hardest way to play the game even before all those nerfs.

2 Likes

I think the bosses just live way too long for having such high dmg.
It is great they deal good dmg, but why those fights are several minutes long. Everything kills you instantly and fails on bosses are very punishing.

Now I just hate every dungeon on tyrannical… and that as a tank where I have the least work. I just know the fail potential on tyrannical is sooooo much higher

1 Like

I personally do prefer tyrannical weeks even if they are most of the time harder to time, cause bosses tend to be more clear about what you failed when you do. Furthermore, as main tank, it feels better using big CD’s on a meaningful hit from the boss or on big sweaty packs instead of 1-2 packs max in Fortified. Plus, i found the tyrannical week to be more chill to run as the difficulty curve of the dungeon is going up and down, while Fortified curve is only going down during bosses, which does not give much room to breath as bosses get destroyed.

1 Like

Tbh i find tyrannical easier then fortified, u find in fortified u get plenty who miss interupts and the damage is huge when they do

It was far more relaxed, compared to fortified

Tyranical & Fortified must be permanently removed and the dungeons start receiving a proper balance.

1 Like

you destroy bosse ?
even on fortified Bosses feel so hard
the unavoidable mechanics do so much damage that you can’t even really heal it.
The healer has to dogdge a aoe → wipe
the healer has to dispell → wipe
the healer has no time to react → wipe
the healer has … → wipe

enjoyable when a unavoidable mechanic kills you in 3 seconds.
every time when the healer has to do things other than healing does wipe a group. And many times the healing isn’t even enougth from a top notch healer…

1 Like

I’m not saying the actual tuning is perfect. I feel like there is issues too. But in general, i still find Tyranical more fun than Fortified, even on my healer reroll. I feel the heal now, cause this season start is pretty brutal to them and this is why on Healing checks, i off-heal a ton to help, especially on Tyranical. But my claim is general, not just based on the two previous weeks.

Clearly some tuning were made without the 25% stam buff in mind, like the first boss of Brackehide hollow as an example that is pretty brutal for some healers.

People are just so bad, they can’t even live for 10 seconds on +12 Brackenhide 1st boss. The players from NA/China are soooo much better than on EU pugs.

Fortified is easier unles you play with people who cant use interupt or are expecting to mass pull 4+packs

Fort is pretty rough on tanks but tyrannical on the other hand is fine for tanks but dps players are typically dead within 1st 10 sec of boss fights.

they are not, but yes in the bracket of 11-16 keys the people are mostly god awful.
this is also because they think they belong in that bracket because last season they played 17 keys at the end of the season.

I had 3 dps with tank lvl dps in a 15 and they died to every trash mob possible and of course I had to solo 2/3 bosses at the end because everyone was dead lol. those guys had 2.6k rio from last season and ilvl 420+

currently it is just terrible to pug and it is either a total blast or a miserable fail, nothing in between.

when i try to play my dps, it is even worse lol

Dont say its overtuned rlly if people are there killing these bosses on +24 then its not overtuned on a 20 key. So that means you all dont do the dps required or the healing isnt on par. Or u guys dont use defensives, cooldown on the right time.

2 Likes

Naraxas can smd ngl, the Amount of damage coming frm here Retch, Randoms Rock + the usual stuff, the AoE you get as “ranged” litteraly deals like 25% damage just on impact and like another 15% just by trying to walk out of it.

2 Likes

to be fair a lot of people in 17-20 bracket are equaly as bad they just farm gear a bit harder and move up the key levels a bit higher with more gear.

yes i also had bad people with 3k rio but well… sometimes low rio people are good, all kinda hit or miss

in my opinion all afflixes should be removed and only afflix should be simply TIME itself

3rd boss in HoI is fun to heal. the damage ticking is surely something to get used to, but with healing CDs it’s much easier. I timed on 21 this reset with some 118k hps as disc. sure, 4ss-clenching it was but at the same time, strangely satisfying too!I can assure you OP that you dont need 150k hps for a +18.

With the gear upgrades and whatnot, of course if you see a dps doing under 90k on ST, you will have trouble timing anything beyond 18. the 16-19 keys are infested with ppl doing Season 1 dps. So many rets destroying %mobs, come to a boss and do under 70k dps. On tyranical! xD Each time I see that, it makes me wanna punch my screen coz it makes so many encounters extremely difficult.

I’m having way more fun on trash pulls on Tyrannical, and I’m having way more fun on bosses on Fortified. Scaling or difficulty tossed aside, just reinforces my belief that tyrannical and fortified should be nuked from orbit.

1 Like

the 150k hps was a total of the group ignoring the tank on a tyrannical week

120k hps by our disc heal

and we re running mostly with rnd dps.
and i know these s1 players you mentioned but in the run we were doing none of them were one.

I played a tank since legion m+s and to this day im still happy to tank, but the amount of dmg healers have to deal with when mobs dosnt get interrupted or dodged is insane, please (BUFF HEALERS)

3 Likes