Unable to battle wild pets in Legion and BfA zones

As the title says, I’m unable to battle any wild pets in Legion and BfA zones. Even the Pet Trainers doesn’t show up on my map as they do in every other zone.

Every single wild pet I’ve seen since I reached level 100 has been a level 1 critter that’s unavailable for pet battle.

Are there any prerequisites for unlocking pet battles in these zones? I would really like to start catching some as they are needed for achievements.

That’s weird!

No, there are no special requirements to battle pets in Legion and BfA. Tamers would not show up for you in BfA until you hit 120, but at 114, World Quests should be on your map in Legion unless you have filtered pet battle WQs out.

And there are lots and lots of wild pets in both continents.

You’re not seeing the Green Paw marks? But you do still see them in Draenor and earlier? Have you added or changed any addons recently?

Nope, no Green Paw marks in those zones. If I take my Hearthstone back to Orgrimmar, they quickly start to show up again. Anything up to and including Draenor and they show up as normal, anything after Draenor and I can only find level 1 critters without a single Green Paw mark.

I’m not sure if I’ve filtered pet battle WQs out, but I’ll take a look later.

I haven’t added or changed addons lately, but these are the ones I use:

Deadly Boss Mods (DBM)
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - Wrath of the Lich King mods
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - Cataclysm mods
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - Legion
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - BC & Vanilla mods (Retail)
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - Warlords of Draenor (WoD) mods
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - Mist of Pandaria (MoP) mods
Pawn
Bartender4
MoveAnything
Shadowed Unit Frames
World Quest Tracker
Details! Damage Meter
OmniCC
Bagnon
SexyMap
WeakAuras 2

Hm. You have no pet battle addons at all. Not relevant to your problem, but everyone needs

Rematch
Battle Pet Breed ID
Pet Tracker

Okay, I’ll add them. Thanks.

I hope I can figure this out soon. Otherwise, I’m writing a support ticket. It’s really my last option.

“Problem resolved itself. I kept disabling things and reloading, not sure what fixed it.”

But that wasn’t stated as a problem only in Legion.

I vaguely remember something that relates to this, but I suspect it had to do with turning on or off one of the pet tracking settings. While that would affect all pets, it wouldn’t be limited to certain expansions on the same character.

Yeah, that not like my problem. The green paws do show up on my map in all other zones and I’m able to battle some of the wild pets I encounter (those who show a green paw).

It’s only when I enter Legion and BfA zones that they never show up. I’ll bet if I ever encountered a pet that could be battled instead of a normal level 1 critter, I would also see a green paw on my map.

When I enter a Legion or BfA zone, it’s like I never talked with the Pet Trainer in Orgrimmar enabling me to start battling pets. Before you talk to him, every single pet you encounter will be a level 1 critter that you can’t battle.
That’s my experience in Legion and BfA zones. That’s why I thought there might be a similar trainer you needed to talk to before you could start battling them there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.