Unable to Character Transfer

Hello,

I’ve just returned from a break, and I have characters spread across two accounts; my favorite of which i would like to transfer to a single realm, on a single account.

Therefore I subscribed on the account I wish to play, and decided on the 3 characters that I wish to transfer from the inactive account (of course, this is going to be pretty expensive). However, I’m unable to do so because the characters either have heirlooms or items in their mailbox. Since this account is inactive, I’m unable to log into the characters.

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done here? I’m already intending to spend upwards of £80 to transfer my characters, and to have to subscribe for 1 month on the inactive account, just to do that, is very annoying!

— To make matters worse, I recently already had 1 day of free gametime to clear the account’s mailbox, as I intended to not play the account for a long time. I’ve only now decided that I want to move those characters from my inactive account.

— Could i pay for subscription, delete heirlooms / clear mailbox, and then claim a refund?

Thanks

Hey,

If the account you have characters is inactive, we maybe able to help you out with that.

If you could open a support ticket explaining your situation and someone will get back to you.