Unable to compare items from my bag or anywhere to the items I'm using, and I am unable to view any gear on my character as transmog using the Ctrl key

Hello guys, I really need your help here I’ve been trying to get this resolved through a ticket but every time I just get told that this is not their problem and end my ticket as resolved.
So this is mainly going to be a copy-paste of my previous ticket but I will add more information as well. “I have mentioned this in my previous ticket which you guys have marked as resolved even though no further updates were provided other than “we’ll fix it later”. I am now unable to compare the gear that is on me and those that are in my bag holding the Shift Key, but I am also unable to link items to chat, I am also unable to check how gear looks like as transmog using the Ctrl+Left Click, Ctrl+Right Click nor any Shift+ something work, only my keybinds which are Shift+(any number) work fine. This is not an addon issue because I just disabled all my addons and this issue remained. I also wish to point out that this issue has strictly happened to me on Retail WoW as this issue has sort of forced me to get back into Classic Wrath WoW and this issue has not happened to me at all, which is what caused me to send this ticket again. Please I need you to find a way to fix this ASAP as it is sort of demotivating me from playing retail WoW at this point.”
Something also strange that I just remembered is that when this issue happened I created a female night elf demon hunter to level up and mess around, however when I got into the Demon Hunter starter zone I realized that my bar was EMPTY, not only were there no abilities there but there also was no keybinds on it, that is when the issue began but I cannot for the life of me think of how it happened, I tried doing the interface reset and keybind reset which was a real hassle to try and bring back to what it originally was but that’s when the inability to compare items and view them as transmog stayed. I don’t know how to put in my MSInfor or DxDiag files here to help but I can also list all my addons that I have installed, maybe I’m missing something important but I’m not quite sure

I tried to read that block of text but had to give up… it just hurt my head. If you want people to read it, might i suggest a better formatted post, eg. paragraphs.

P.S. I’m not trying to be rude, it is just very difficult to read your post.

2 Likes

I tried to read it also, also gave up.

1 Like

yes I am very sorry for some reason it copied all of what I said and added it again to the bottom so it made it look like a wall of text, I deleted it and fixed any grammar issues and tried to add more information. I hope this helps you and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I would start by trying to reset the UI fully in retail WoW. You can rename the folders instead of deleteting them so you can restore them if needed if it doesn’t help.

You could also try resetting your keybindings to default. Make sure to write down your keybindings so you can restore them.

I’m sorry for the late response but this, alongside resetting my Keybinds has worked. However now I am worried about re-installing my mods back into the game and having this issue randomly appear.

You can install addons one at a time to figure out if some specific addon caused the issue. Most likely culprits would be any tooltip addons you have, but obviously others can cause issues too.

ok wait crap this issue has just happened AGAIN out of nowhere, I log off of my main warrior. I then logged on to my other warrior alt trying to level up and I realized that all my keybinds just disappeared randomly. Not even reset to default but was completely GONE, I logged off of that character and went back to main praying it didn’t affect that character and when I logged in everything was fine for one second and then all the keybinds just reset randomly AND I am unable to compare my items anymore. There has to be another way to fix this other than just resetting my UI and keybinds every single time this happens, should I just list all the addons I’m using? Cause this is clearly just a retail problem.