Unable to continue introductory Legion questline

Hi,

I’ve already sent an in-game ticket about this issue (ID EU70097430), but the tooltip says that the average response time is 10 (!) days, and it appears that this timer is only increasing, so I figured I’d try my luck here.

I’m trying to do the introductory Legion questline on this character, but after handing in the breadcrumbs quest “The Legion Returns” to Holgar Stormaxe, this NPC doesn’t offer me the next quest in this line, “To Be Prepared”. I’m thus unable to proceed to the “Broken Shore” scenario.

I’ve completed the scenario on another character, so technically I can skip the scenario by using the relevant option in Holgar’s dialog window and proceed straight to Dalaran, but I want to do the quest chain properly.

I have “Trivial Quests” tracking enabled.

I’ve inadvertently boosted this character to 110 by repeatedly running Korrak’s Revenge for the mount. Can this be the issue? Is it even possible to outlevel this questline in such a way that it becomes completely unavailable to you?

Heya, it might be worth going through our guide here on the legion quests, as whether or not you have boosted will change your progress!

Hi Stulxyma,

Thanks for the reply and the link. However, none of the cases described in the article match my situation exactly:

1. I did not use the character boost function.

2. When I reached level 98, I was automatically offered the quest “The Legion Returns”.

3. I inadvertently reached level 110 by repeatedly running Korrak’s Revenge.

4. At 110, I turned in the quest “The Legion Returns” to Holgar Stormaxe. However, this NPC did not offer me the follow-up quest, “To Be Prepared”.

After reaching 110, I was offered two BfA breadcrumbs quests:

Could one of these two be causing the problem? The KB article says that:

Note: If you started the Battle for Azeroth intro quest line you must complete this up until you earn the achievement for unlocking Boralus (Alliance) or Dazar’alor (Horde).

I did not “start” the BfA intro questline per se and do not intend to right now.

Will abandoning these quests fix my problem? Will I be able to pick up these quests again if I abandon them?

Edit:

It has been three days now and I’m yet to receive a response from a GM in the game. The tooltip still says that the average response time is 10 days. Are such waiting times normal now?

I’ve tried abandoning the BfA breadcrumbs quests but it didn’t help. The game forces the quests back upon you after some time or upon next logon.

In the end, I had to resort to the “skip” option in Holgar’s dialog window.

I found out that you can talk to Archivist Elysiana in Dalaran to reexperience the Broken Shore scenario. However, when I select the “I want to experience the Broken Shore and its aftermath” option in her dialog window, nothing happens.

1 Like

Have you found a solution to your question? Because I have the same problem.

Please do not bump 7 month old threads. If you have a specific issue, please open a new thread or get in touch with our Customer Support team.