Unable to Open Menu

I once made a character and as I was going through and setting up some keybinds I accidentally set one of them to escape and then saved it.
After this I wasn’t able to open the menu again, I looked it up but could only find help relating to WoW Classic (where there is a button you can press which opens the menu though that seems to be missing in the current version of the game).
Thing is that I happened to have the keybinds be set to not be character specific and I now realise that, even after i deleted that character and all, all other characters I have or otherwise newly create also can’t open the menu however those who I had already set to be character specific still can.
I’ve yet to find a fix to this so I guess this is kind of my last resort.

(I don’t know if this is the right category, but it’s the closest I could find).

Thanks.

1 Like

In-game

1. Click the Game Menu button on your bars (you may need to disable any bar addons you have running if it’s being hidden)
  2. Open the Key Binding screen
  3. Interface Panel > Toggle Game Menu
  4. Fix your binding.

With the game not running.

1. Go to the WTF folder for that character \World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\NAME\Server\CharName\
  2. Open the bindings-cache.wtf file using a text editor like Notepad
  3. Find the binding bound to ESCAPE and delete the line
  4. Save and close the file
  5. Load up the game
2 Likes

Oh, I see. The button was blocked by an overlay.
Well anyways, thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.