Undead Nelfs in 8.3 (spoilers)

I’m sure you’re aware that there’s a huge difference between 1 year and 10000 years. They’ve had 10 millennia to develop their own culture, language, racial identity and way of life that is independent and fundamentally different from the Night Elves on Kalimdor. Kinda like how the first High Elves did when they sailed east 7000 or so years ago. :thinking:

Void Elves on the other hand come directly from Silvermoon, speak the same language and most likely have Blood Elven friends and families back home. Their existence calls into question the Blood Elves’ loyalty to the Horde once again, splinters an already splintered nation and screws up the lore on Blood Elven shadow priests. They lay claim to a nation that is no longer theirs which stand in contrast to the Nightborne who have expressed no desire for the lands inhabited by the Night Elves on Kalimdor AND their continued existence hinges on there being more Blood Elves to convert unless Blizzard comes out and make it clear that they can produce viable offspring themselves.

1 Like

You can tell from afar that Calia is Golden’s self insert and another lore abomination.

I feel sorry for undead nelfs perhaps you should try to write a feedback about it on PTR forums and request some other solution?

I did try it myself but tbh I only requested character text speech which should be easily editable. Here it looks like a questchain.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/what-are-you-doing-with-rokhan/94196

Because frankly I don’t want undead nelves on Horde either. And I don’t recall anyone requesting it.

6 Likes

blizz don’t care what our wishes are and even if they try to forfill they give is something else then what we asked for … cough void elves cough

community: we want high elves … blizz: whats that you want void elves community: …
meanwhile blizz continues to taunt us by having high elves show up all over the place … hmm ye careful what you wish for i guess blizz much like that fountain in dalaran are obviously a twisted geni

Looks like it what unites horde and alliance fans nowadays, hate to blizz decisions

6 Likes

Again its highly unlikly they will be a playable race so what does it matter there just undead npc’s.

1 Like

On other hand you are right but on other…it’s blizzard we’re talking about, so i will be worried till i see blizzcon

The idea of Undead Night Elves wouldn’t be that bad if they would risk to be raised as unholy beings to deceive Sylvanas, but it shouldn’t be it. We got depressed Night Elves with a midlife crisis, even if the build up of Delaryn was really interesting at start. Thanks for that Blizz.

6 Likes

I once wrote something about night elves in general with regard to 8.3, maybe you’ll add some suggestions on how to deal with night elves :wink:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ptr-tyrande-and-elune/94840

2 Likes

Let’s talk about the good stuff coming next month Anu’dora ! wc3 reforged !
She is beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Kinda sad to look at those and compare it to what we have today. Someone tell Tyrande that her Wc3 gear and hair was far and above what she’s rocking these days.

And I spy some fel green eyes on those High Elven units. Ha.

1 Like

I want that gear as racial gear =)

1 Like

It’s good that Tyrande never appears in Stormwind though. She finally realized how much she doesn’t fit with the civilized folks.

Dont worry after an expansion of rehab by Calia they will be sick of her and thats how the Alliance will get Dark Rangers, cause they will return to the Alliance when they are back to their senses. Be grateful to Delaryn!

1 Like

It is always mentioned that the undead strugle with retaining their orignal personalyties but blizzard are very good at telling and not showing.

1 Like

I simply do not see the point of their continued existence though. They have nothing in common with the Forsaken, both culture and mentality-wise, unless they were somehow brainwashed. So why not simply end their unlives and move on?

My hypothesis is that they might be playing an important role against the Army of the Black Moon and Tyrande the Night Warrior, because other than that they really have no purpose whatsoever.

1 Like

I personaly don’t belive in this :frowning:

Isnt the horde a place for misfits? If night elf society doesn’t want them, they’ve got to go somewhere .

2 Likes

But who will dance in their mailbox then? Mechagnomes? Pah!

1 Like

Fans 5 years ago: Why can’t Blizzard add more “Forsaken” races? It doesn’t make sense that they’re all undead humans when there should be all kinds of races mixed in.

When Blizzard adds undead night elves: How f**king dare they? Just how? This is an outrage. They take our hottest and thiccest race and just hand it off to the Horde like it’s a piece of meat? I’m unsubscribing as we speak.

1 Like

The lore stated that the Val’kyr can not raise non-humans.

Ps. I am stealing parts of your transmog.

1 Like