Undeleting ONLY character on locked realm

Hello,

Since I wasn’t able to get a definitive answer to my issue, I’m creating this post so hopefully, things can be clarified.

Character restoration means that a character PREVIOUSLY created can be restored during a certain period of time. We can play with words, but since the character has been created BEFORE the server is locked, it is totally misleading to state that the restoration of a character can be considered like the creation of a new one.

They should have clearly stated that when the “Are you sure you want to delete the character” prompt appears. It’s not that hard and would require less than 5 lines of code, for real.

This literally blocks me from playing the game that I pay for. And the argument that I can play on another character or realm is totally irrelevant. Not everyone wants to play “MMORPG” without their friend and/or on a dead server. It’s like paying to see a movie but you’re forced to see another one.

And even without considering this aspect, I will probably lose definitely the character since it will eventually be permanently removed because it can’t be restored.

And finally, you could also that I shouldn’t have deleted the character in the first place which is not a dumb argument but which is also irrelevant for me because why would you propose the restore service in the first place if you then say that it shouldn’t be used?

1 Like

In reality, the self restore service was introduced due to the number of tickets and therefore support hours used when players deleted their characters and later regretted it. It was not introduced so players could delete and restore using the service as a character “bank” or making poor decisions.

Sadly when a server is locked, it is exactly that, no new characters can be added which includes old characters being restored. A bit of an oversight if you ask me but it is what it is.

Character Deletion has and is intended to be permanent. The restore service is for those mistakes and of course the “my little brother did it when I was out of the room” type situations.

You should really only delete characters if you don’t want them any more. You should never assume you can restore them.

This system is deliberately blocking you as it’s something Blizzard decided you can’t do. It cannot be bypassed.

I would guess you were told to go post on the forums about this, but that’s only really to discuss it and not get help.

I understand both of your position but I strongly disagree.

I only assume what I can read and if you check the official blizzard article about this subject https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/15312 it is mentioned nowhere that I should assume that my caracter can’t be restored or that it can’t be restored on a locked realm.

It is their work to make sure that things are not ambiguous and as a matter of fact, I checked this article before deleting my character.

To bounce on what you said, I agree bad decisions shouldn’t be made in the first place but I never asked to get my character back and won’t argue about why I deleted my character because I don’t think that it’s relevant to this issue.

I’m just asking to be able to play with my friends on the server that I had access to.

I would guess you were told to go post on the forums about this, but that’s only really to discuss it and not get help.

No, you’re wrong. I’m not expecting someone to magically solve my issue from a forum post but I wanted to have some feedback about users experiencing this issue to know if they had found a solution/workaround.

If not, I could just cancel my ticket which will probably take 10 days to be answered, and ask for a refund right away to gain time.

If you read the last line of the link you give, you will see it’s applicable.

I agree the page should be changed but Blizzard’s GMs have rules to follow and they can’t break them. There is no workaround, it’s not what you want to hear but it’s been stated quite a few times on the forums.

I don’t agree that deleted characters on locked realms should be able to be restored, all that does is make them busier.

Edit: Personally I only delete characters when I need room on an account.

If you’re referring to this sentence:

Blizzard Customer Support will not assist with bypassing any of the above limitations.

I’ve seen it.

But, I was just making clear that the “limitation” of restoring a character on a locked realm was mentioned nowhere in this article. So, in theory, they should help me to get my character back. However, I know how things will go, they’ll probably just update the article post and deny my request :slight_smile:

I don’t agree that deleted characters on locked realms should be able to be restored, all that does is make them busier.

It’s an automated process, don’t understand how it makes them busier.
They literally just have to add a condition in the service’s code.

Edit: Personally I only delete characters when I need room on an account.

Just to explain why I deleted the character which doesn’t fall in the “making poor decisions” category like someone said:

1. The entire horde community moved to another realm or switched to the Alliance (my friends included)
  2. Though cross faction character creation was not implemented yet, I deleted it to switch factions and play with my friends

Even tho I did a mistake by assuming I had to delete the character to switch factions, I shouldn’t be punished to play on the realm that I had access to.

This is because they’re making poor decisions :wink: with servers that people are leaving like flies, unfortunately.

I didn’t mean makes Blizzards systems busier, it makes the realm busier, as in longer queues.

I didn’t mean makes Blizzards systems busier, it makes the realm busier, as in longer queues.

I misunderstood, my bad.

Not really sure about that, people that are in the queue already have characters on the server anyways. I get why servers are locked for new people, but I’m not new on this server. This “unknown limitation” only disallows a few users that make a mistake (like me) to connect, thus it doesn’t affect the queue at all :confused:

I’ve found that players who delete characters usually do so as they don’t play them or are maining on another realm, so if a player did restore a character on a full realm they would almost be like a new player, but that’s my opinion, I won’t say it’s a fact.

I assumed that people just let their characters idle when moving to another realm, but maybe you’re right, we’ll never know :thinking:

It’s just sad to see how Blizzard handled things.
They’ll literally make us quit the game 1 week into the expansion even tho we were hyped for WOTLK lol. Was even willing to endure the 10 hours queue but starting alone from scratch in another realm is too much to ask for 13$ a month.

1 Like

Hi Khalipso, I have the same issue. Did you find a solution? How long it took before your ticket was answered?