Unholy current state

Here’s my feedback on unholy dk in M+:

• hard to play
  • not that rewarding
  • bugged defile overrides 70% of effects that makes your game even harder
  • very hard to get into M+ groups because there’s very few dks that actually do damage and people think “meh let me get this dh instead” ← and this is fair

I made a prot pally and this is just a joke compared to udk. Your rotation is 3 buttons that you can press in any order, nothing to track, 10 defensives for all situations, WoG that heals you to full in 1 click. On dk you have to track plaguebringer, festermight, keep defile 8 stacks, decease up, wounds, ideally align you ~6 cds, trinkets, potions and BL, pre-ams something JUST TO PERFORM AS GOOD AS OTHER CLASSES. It’s literally easier to time a key as a undergeared prot pally than bis (s1) unholy dk. Same thing for dh: 3 buttons and you’re top dps.

7 Likes

same, but pvp

5 Likes

fwiw the dh 3 button meme is dated now, having played both unholy dk and havoc in keys, both are frustrating for their own reasons.

That being said havoc is in a much better spot that either spec of dk right now and defile is miserable.

3 Likes

We said this pre-patch…

4 Likes

is incratible how bad DK is in pvp and How lazy developers are…

4 Likes

Unholy is in very bad state , in M+ if your group pulls individual packs(3-4mobs) you are literally dog feces and you are doing a little above tank dps (actually prot paladin do more dps in this scenarion but oh well).
You will use the 45sec CD for one pack and not have it for the other one.

In raid you are OK once every 3 min and god forbid you have to do something that will make you stop dps’ing or move away from the target in that CD window because you will fall so far behind its insane.

I play 3 specs
Disease - OK if you have big pulls , extremely weak when theres less than 5-6 mobs
Wounds - takes a lot of time setting up , mess up your rotation = dumpster fire , also count on the fact theres more thank 5 -6 mobs
Single target - Ok when you have the 3min CDs up , bellow average when you dont have them.
The class is full of individual CDs for everything not only that but you need to press them in a strict order.
The are no spells that are front loaded , everything is based around winding up your spells and you absolutly cannot be interupt in that window when activating CDs.

One way to get more constant damage IMO would be to lower the 45 sec CD (APOC and UT) to 30 sec and make APOC do some front damage like have 6 wound on target consume 4 wounds for 4 ghouls and for every extra wound popped increase APOC front damage by 50 % .
Also UT should do more Front damage when activated.
Also also a flat DMG increase to Festering strike and Scourge strike is much needed too.

4 Likes

hey guys
situation is very bad we have 30 sec to use our master of death or we lsot a lot of dps wtf is this ? then rog or other class only use some spell and do way easily rotation and do a lot of dmg ! / out of window dmg is rly bad worst than bad / army is 8min if situation is good u can do it every 3 4 min but if not u lose a lot of dps on boss ! / and talent connections are bad also ! idk why u want dk to be bad ? its rly easy to fix this issues i think u can increase some dmg or make army a bit better cooldown but
MY MAIN PROBLEM IS … MY 4 SET master of nothing !! cuz its not rly good ! its has timer if u die u lost it if someone die and take a bit to res him u again lose dps why ?! is it elden ring or wow ?!

4set is really bad u msut remove timer evne on death we cant lose it cuz other classes dont lose 4 set cuz of death or cuz of someone else dying or cuz of 30sec timer ! why ?! i cant undrestand why we should have such bad 4set ! i dont want to argue about defile i can handle that anyway its hard but ok i cant only undrestand this 4set ! its really worst 4set i ever saw u die u lose it someone else die u lose it
for example after first boss of FH when we shroud and go go other side of bridge i lose all of my cd ! imagin if u play this class with pugs !

2 Likes

Quick disclaimer, I don’t play with pugs so I have no idea what that experience is like.

Sure could agree with that. Though other classes to me feel like I need a PhD in gaming in other to understand. Even if we all decided to agree on that, I think it’s ok to have classes that are harder to play.

Disagree, lining things and getting those bursts topping the meters is very rewarding, even without PI. Where I think the feel goes wrong is because there’s no instead feedback that “big ability goes boom huge crit” that other classes have. Think them demolock Chaos bolts for example, warrior executes, or even frost dk obli build crits they feel good to press. All our damage is referred damage, paired with pretty poor animations feels like we’re pressing nothing.

That visual bug is really problematic, indeed needs fixing.

Now I don’t pvp as a DK so I can’t comment on that front. I can see why UDK would be terrible at it though, ramping damage specs aren’t designed for pvp where it’s all about killing the other person in 4 GCDs or less.

As for the 4set, fantastic on pull, sometimes wasted during a boss fight. For example by the time second army is ready, you’ll probably have 20 or near 20 stacks of master of death. My main issue is that the 4set gets cancelled if you pop it before you engage the boss fight… If that’s a bug, ok please fix… If it’s not then what on earth were they thinking?

Overall I’m having a great time both on keys and raid… Judging by the latest stats reported by wowhead and Rio, so are many other UHDKs. In the current state of affairs, the main thing both UH and Frost need is a bit more flat damage outside of bursts (FS, SS/CS, DC) all of it. It’s not normal that we do less than tank damage without CDs.

All 3 specs of DK feel a little bit outdated atm. Blizzard have proved that they can very much do exciting class design that feels more modern and fresh. Would like to see DK undergo some sort of overhaul at some point.

1 Like

i agree with some of this but which class lose 4set bonus if they die ? or if they pull pack a bit late ? non of them ! or atleast its not hard like ours ! im playing dk since cata and i can feel it we have lowest single target dps in dung specially without army ! 8 min cd will lose to a 1 or 2min cd on other classes ! and if u dont have master of death its getting worst

1 Like

I genuinely don’t understand what you mean here. All buffs disappear when we die, unless they persist through death like flasks, runes etc… The 20% mastery buff or the building stacks of it are temporary buff, I’m sure other classes have the same? the 10% flat damage increase doesn’t go away does it? That’s a passive. Is that what you mean?

1 Like

y u right but if a rog die does he lose his 4set ? no
and about the buff the main problem is timer why it must have timer ? it could stack and if u didnt die ucan have it in next pack but for example in freehold after first boss till we get to next pack after the bridge i lost all of my 4set cuz of its timer

ah so you mean the 20 stacks of Mastery of Death or whatever it’s called? Like why is that aspect on a timer? Yeah I guess it would have felt better not to have that on a timer, would make dungeons a bit more convenient, seems to be a theme on uh dk though… We got all these micro timers to manage, festermight minigame… It’s not ideal that’s for sure.

Blizzard only buffs warlocks, warriors, mages and rogues, because they play these classes

1 Like

I hope your kiddin with the DH 3 Button argument? Its fkn Old man and stereotype from legion… DH is the hardest melee class atm when it Comes to rotation and momentum gameplay, but yes our aoe dps is strong in m+ but our ST is rank 18 as dps in raids and we have do so 10 abilities rotations and still perform really bad.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.