Unholy DK PVP in The War Within

Hey guys,

Yesterday the first several Hero talent trees were announced, and the San’layn tree for Unholy/Blood looks really exciting for PVP. Speccing into this would boost Unholy survivability in PVP a lot:

• death strike/coil can proc “3% heal by clawing shadows/scourge” (just like fury warr bloodthirst) will add up to a lot of healing over the course of a match
  • and this is doubled and guaranteed (6% heal) during Dark Transformation
  • 4% physical damage less taken while in DnD
  • Icebound fortitude DR increased by an additional 30% based on missing health
  • 10% more speed on advance/wraith walk and they give the whole party a mini 20% speed buff

That looks pretty solid to me:

• dark transform will become a super strong defensive cooldown, in addition to being an offensive one, and this will make you take strategic decisions when to use it
  • IBS will become double wall if used at low health, so this again will make you think whether to use it preventively or at low health

What do you think? I quite like it TBH and would play it for sure

Yeah, I thought the same - at least the invited one PVP player :smiley:

I know a lot of stuff will change - but I quite like the direction for Unholy. It should have strong self healing

Look at the current state of the game, almost every defesive ability dk has is nerfed in pvp. It is %99.99 most of this stuff will be nerfed too. Don’t get your hopes high.

sindragosa fury and Cold heart STILL 80% reduced damage in PvP.
meanwhile warlock spammable chaos bolt does 80% MORE damage in PvP.

“these words are insulting the developers in very vulgar ways, imagine them, but they are not written”

i like most of the hero talent shown but i worry that the disease one were it consume our plague will result in our dot scaling causing it to deal ridiculous damage in both pve and pvp.

i must admit that i am suprised that someone is concerned that a death knight ability has the possibility to deal actual respectable damage on it’s own with scaling that does not need rebalancing every major patch, i hope you mean that in a real extreme case of overtuning and not in the way i just described.

other classes get to have two cakes, aswell as eat them, why cant we?

Solid changes also love the vampire route they going with blood/unholy

we really need to get rid of chains of ice as unholy dks it litteraly wastes runes and time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.