Unlock server transfers

When is Blizz going to unlock server transfers?

I wanna play with my friends!

-Dragonflight is out
-everyone has Nax full gear
-none of the servers is full and has queue time
-I’m ready to pay transfers

Why blizzard? why? When? Do they care about Wotlk classic community anymore?

1 Like

Honestly topics like this make me lose any semblence of faith in the classic community as a whole.

You realize that just because there are no queues now it doesn’t mean that Mega-Servers are free from that problem, right? The problem would return each phase and if the Blue Posts are to be believed those servers long since reached the limits if their capacity.

Also according to one blue post the Mega Servers are locked indefinitely. They want this concept to die.

Shouldnt open mega servers because it will harm other servers, on the other hand servers like thekal, eartshaker etc should be.

Thekal still has about 10k players with decent balance between factions. That’s more than Ashbringer and couple non English speaking realms if we limit ourselves to PvP. If not Thekal has more players than Giantstalker and Nethergarde Keep combined. On top of that it’s still a “fresh” server and Blizz openly stated they would keep them locked for as long as possible if they aren’t in a risk of dying. Are you really that bent on ruining a pretty well balanced PvP experience?

Earthshaker in the meantime sits at 18k alliance players being monofaction. It’s still marginally smaller than say Golemagg (about 75% if Golemagg size atm). And while it’s stupid sentiment on my side I’d rather give the sub 4-5k servers at least a bit of a chance.

That’s the exactly problem. Blizzard, and some players, believes that locking Megaservers will help other, smaller servers. The thing is, and migration data have proven that, majority of playerbase either wants to play on megaserver, or not play Classic at all. Blizzard decided that the will of majority is something unwanted and they will fight it to the bitter end to wipe it out completely. But mark my words, this is not going to end well, not for players, neither for Blizzard.

I still think they should listen to majority instead of fighting it. The “you think you do” quote just proves that they are so stubborn with their own vision, that they will never accept what community wants.

1 Like

Sorry but in this one freaking case I’d say that giving community what they want is a bad idea. It’s not even that long since every other topic was crying about queues. It calmed down yes since hype died out, most people are done with Naxx and went into downtime. Queues are gone but servers aren’t in good shape. People still experience Lag in any higher populated areas. And I don’t need to be psychic to realize that when Ulduar drops the problems will return and with that the cries that mega servers are unplayable.

Well ppl are slowly and slowly transfering their thekal characters to where their mains are. If you already have an 80 there should be no problem bringing your old character there. There is no gap between fresh players and old players anymore.

You mean every level 80 character in Thekal sits on close to 250k gold? I know it’s likely silly with RMT being rampant but old players had a long time to establish their “financial status” and bringing that much gold into economy isn’t going to be healthy. I mean hell I actively try and barely made maybe 4k on my main and I’ve been playing since WotLK Launch.

There is a gold cap ya know. And 250k will mean nothing on thekal since the community are active in stopping gdkp’s.

Will they still succeed if the people transferring start to outnumber them?

Yes because even the community discords banns them for advertising gdkps.
Randoms wont move other to thekal from servers like firemaw and gehennas, only people like me that chose to roll on thekal in the first place, we hate the culture in those servers. But if they decide to open firemaw and gehennas that could actually cannibalize on thekal.

How? Just a sentence earlier you said that

Then why would anyone from Thekal that hates that culture transfer there?

Alot of ppl just rolled on thekal for the hype.

And most of them likely already left either quitting game or returning to their already established characters… Your point being?

Not true, they are still raiding. You could see alot of guildless people on thekal saying they dont wanna commit since its their alt.
When thekal reach a huge decline in population, trolls will be saying that fresh is meme blablabla, when in reality it was because blizzard waited to long. I hope I see you defending the decision when that happens.

If it reaches one. So far it does better than Nethergarde Keep, Giantstalker and Ashbringer the last one being a freaking place where Horde Players from Gehenna/Golemagg transfered within last month.

Not that I really care that much. You wanna share the fate of Mograine and Ashbringer? Be my guest. Getting tired of trying to protect people from themselves.

I leveled A character in Ashbringer as it had full population what i did not know was that it it more that 90% horde and i leveled an alliance warrior , Now i wanna transfer to Server with decent ally population because logging into character with nothing to do(not enough ppl for raids or pvp) sucks and those servers are locked
Why do i pay a sub and be willing to pay full transfer fee without even enjoying my time when i log in ? Unlock At least Pyrewood and Earthshaker !

Not giving them what they want, giving them nothing instead and even making troubles to them isn’t a good idea either. But Blizzard communicating with the community and trying to find a reasonable compromise is an uthopistic tale for children.

Considering blues don’t really write on EU forum, you’re correct. They’re more active on US one though including explanation as to why they won’t unlock Megaservers anytime soon, why layers aren’t a solution and sadly why Ret Paladins will have to suck till ICC.

Cant you go to Mirage Raceway?