Unlocking the high pop servers

I think it’s due time we get some information about when / if the locked servers will ever be unlocked.

We are now mid phase 1 and Dragonflight will be release two days from the time of this post. It is to be expected that quite a large margin of wow classic’s players will atleast try the new retail expansion. and it is also expected that the opposite will occur when Phase two of wotlk Classic launches with Ulduar. Thus… unlocking the servers close to the launch of phase 2 will probably lead to huge queue issues equal to the launch of Wotlk classic…

However… if the servers are to be unlocked at any point in time, what time would be a better time to unlock than now during the Dragonflight launch??

I come as a refugee from 3 (THREE) dying servers, two of which does not exist anymore… so the thousands of people responding with the “just FCM bro”. yeah that is really not a solution.
I do now play on a high pop server, i do also have several characters on lower pop server which is in hibernation, waiting for any information on when i can actually bring them to my main server. now if for whatever reason blizzard considers this to not be a good opportunity to unlock the Mega servers (are they anymore than mid pop raidlogged servers tho?), atleast let people with already established level 80 main characters be able to bring their dorment now useless alts stuck on whatever “ded” realm they are at for the moment.
Me playing on my main character, or me transfering my alt character will lead to litterally 0 increasement in active player numbers. It will only contribute to the blindingly high, ironforge.pro raidlogged character numbers.

2 Likes

Got a level 1 on all realms so im good. Enjoy playing on low pop servers mate.

I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that transfer is inhibited within high-pop/locked realms. It wouldn’t make sense to have transfers available from a low pop realm to any destination, but having a few players or even few hundred of them here and there transferring from 35k server to 25k server would not change anything

Clear explanation from Blizz on this thread - worth a read through

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve read this one a couple of months ago. Yes, there is an explanation of why realms are locked… which one would argue that doesn’t need to be explained, everything is obvious, but there is no explanation for what i said specifically… let’s say tranferring from Gehennas to basicallly any other locked realm is still inhibited for no actual reason, open it up for a day or two and see what happens, if anything you’ll end up with 33k realm and 27k realm instead of 35k realm and 25k realm, even that’s a massive stretch

High pop servers? Hahaha
Even on gehennas dalaran/cities are almost empty with few pugs going on.
99% they simply forgot that these servers are still locked. I doubt even 20% of wrath launch playerbase are still playing

1 Like

I logged my Mage - Mirage Raceway - just to see how busy the capitals were.

Dala is packed and there are high numbers of Groups being formed.

Orgrimmar was reasonably busy with shout outs for lower level instances.

Shattrath was very quiet.

Mirage Raceway is fairly even in Faction Balance and Blizz suggested the server population was roughly double that of a server back in original WotLK.

So if that’s a benchmark for a x2 server it is offering a good player experience.

I always sense that many players want to play on the largest ‘Mega Server’ - there is a perception that that is the ‘Meta’ for grouping, trade good pricing etc.

Seems to me that is the misconception that Blizz are trying to break - encouraging folk to move to alternative servers if they don’t have strong ties AND prevent to players through locked servers.

Makes a lot of sense from where I am sat

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.