Unpopular Opinion - Orgrimmar aint the same

Orgrimmar just aint the same, man… All thats left are PCU guilds, really bored Mercs, or the occasional adventurer or two. Everyone just seem so bored of Orgrimmar now, including me. Most of my friends left for Alliance RP, or just quit Orgrimmar overall. Now I know this is quite a spicy opinion to have nowadays. But I just miss the good ol’ days.

4 Likes

Reading this…It doesn’t really sound that different? Also, why not just post in the Pet
Peeve thread: Pet Peeve: The Undying

2 Likes

yea ur welcome

12 Likes
  1. THE BARON is not even in Orgrimmar alright, consider yourself lucky
  2. All that will be eventually left are PCU guilds

That’s all I have to say here

Edit: Maybe you tell us what’s lacking, I’m sure the PCU can cover it somehow

12 Likes

Fair enough

Actually i can say, that Horde RP, at least now, is quite guild based more than Hub-based… Maybe it wasn’t so before(at least not as much), but is so now. :slight_smile:
Perhaps that’s why.!!!

1 Like

Feels more like the Horde changed with the current lore and thus also change the types of characters you see about. Are you sure that might not be it / plays into it?

2 Likes

I have to ask what a PCU-guild is? I tried every possible solution.
Perroy’s Chap Union
Power Character Universe
Personal Character-delveopment University?

WHAT IS IT?!

2 Likes

PCU: Perroy Cinematic Universe

5 Likes

BfA has not been a fun expansion in which to play/RP Horde, therefore I think most people take a distance from Orgrimmar just to try and forget about Sylvanas and the Horde, or they just straight up are not playing the faction.

After BfA, I hope we see a resurgence in Horde RP - provided Blizzard won’t make us villains again.

11 Likes

With the current story there is not much narrative to play on, for some rpers. Many would agree that the writing as of current is questionable, however, we try to amend that by providing quality rp ourselves. As a loyalist roleplayer, there is more to Orgrimmar than simply waiting for anyone to rp out a rebellious outrage on their character. There’s plenty of things to do if one puts in the effort, which I am certain many of my guildmates would agree with.

Hell, if one is perhaps invested enough they may find themselves part of that rp! (Without any negative implications!)

10 Likes

Naoru and Sidorov pretty much nailed it, tbh.

Maybe be the change you want to see? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

or, for that matter, in the Unpop opin thread we already have.

1 Like

Damn it Tehya I was trying to feed you more views and replies!

shhh it’s fine the difference is less than a hundred. two days ago it was a thousand. It’ll get there.

It was never interesting in the first place imo. So many different parts of the city and the RPers all get cooped up in a small part of one single valley. :zzz:

3 Likes

I’d put this to the current story in BFA, tbh.
“PCU” are just RPing too, and right now the BFA plot has enabled them to effectively ‘control’ the city, so things feel different now because IC actions and reactions have lead to that.

In a way, I think this is good! It makes going back there quite a harrowing experience sometimes (you ever gone for one of Perroy’s speeches? Utter chaos.)
When BFA wraps up, and the state of the Horde no doubt changes again, you might find the tone in Orgrimmar changes to reflect that too.

Why not roll with it? Have your character be one of the people asking what happened to the city he loved? See it as a chance for some emotional and engaging RP. It needn’t be outright rebellion as Sidorov mentioned. People express dissatisfaction with things in a multitude of ways!

6 Likes

allow me to add stuff to watrus’ post.

just because pcu do indeed play majority in loyalist characters, that does not mean they automatically advocate nor do they support genocidal acts, murder or whatever the hell frankly ridiculous amounts of accusations i’ve seen get thrown at them + other roleplayers. (yes its not just pcu-loyalists that are targetted by this).

and yes, it does happen. believe it or not. we’re all playing a role, almost as if… we’re roleplaying.

:scream:

edit: cough, i just realised this might be off-topic, but since i saw the whole tidbits about pcu suspicion…

6 Likes

Agreed. I may have butted heads with PCU members here on the forums before (what can I say, old before my time and I don’t get these darn kids and their new-fangled me-me’s and all that :stuck_out_tongue: ) but… yeah, they RP. They create RP. They do events and, from the looks of the last RP-PVP event they do them well.

No one’s perfect, but, again; be the change you want.