Unpopular Opinions

That’s basically CubeWorld healing right there

1 Like

Yeah? I’m just giving another possible argument to support the notion that Light = Life, since it’s closely related to healing, and often related to this in the lore as well. So I’m not sure what your point is. I’m sure you made some Shaman happy by mentioning his neglected class, though.

If a minor sees mutilation, that could be pretty damaging.
If a minor sees sex scenes, that could also be damaging.
But I wonder which is worse, and why? Why is sex worse than violence, ethically speaking?
Who taught us this and why?
And I’m not talking of ERP here anymore, but in general.

1 Like

Seems to be equated in the CoC under “offensive or vulgar language”

Americans?

They never entirely embraced chaotic elements though, Kael’s Alliance with Illidan was suppressed knowledge (and likely still is) because Illidan was half-demon. Hell, the only utilisation of Fel was for research (implied at Duskwither Spire) and to support architecture which defies gravity (towering spires/floating buildings). The Blood Elves fed off of the cores of rogue golems and whatever magical trinkets they could get their hands on. The Light was never ‘abandoned’ beyond the Blood Knights, the old race-quest for blood elf priests had you bless the rangers at the old gates of Silvermoon fending off the Scourge, they thanked you and spewed out rather faithful replies.

As I explained in another thread Kael’s expedition =/= Silvermoon.

I think people really confuse Silvermoon’s desperation with the vindictive nature of the Blood Knights and the really dodgy things the Sunfury (et al) did.

1 Like

It might be safe to say that, yes. But then do you want to be the guy who quotes Chronicles IC and tells everyone about the creation of the universe…

2 Likes

Also here’s an unpopular opinion: While the over-arching story of TBC was complete :poop: (rip Kael). Zone-for-zone it was some of the best story-telling the game had.

1 Like

I found most of TBC to be very forgettable on the zone to zone level, especially Hellfire Peninsula. I genuinely can’t pinpoint what the story of that zone was.

4 Likes

I understand u have a reputation as a Funny and Enlightened forum poster to keep up Moody and if this is :fishing_pole_and_fish: then u got me but ToS aside I think ppl on AD aren’t drones and can understand why ERP is bad regardless of exactly how severe someone is breaking the ToS.

Some dwarf going around LARPing like “ha ha look at me I’m a stereotypical scotsman luv me drink luv me swearing” while a bit /cringe imo is nowhere near the lengths you’ll see ERPers go such as going about hounding people in /w, slandering people if rejected and from my own personal experience bullying people into it.

Sure if two friends who know eachother want to do /p Ketchup throws his sausage down Vanilla Ice’s cave then sure go ahead but there’s a lot more to “the ERP problem” than breaking the ToS, it also sometimes leads to a breach of basic decency between people.

Same goes for gore RP. If you’re fighting someone or whatever and start going in depth about you inflict some weird torture-tier pain on them rather than simply sticking to the fantasy violence prevalent in WoW, especially if the recipient didn’t ask for such an extreme level of violence, then you’re also simply a weirdo.

5 Likes

hey this is an UNpopular opinion thread eh ha ha :^) gottem

5 Likes

I don’t mind that people have personal grievances with ERP, just don’t tell me they’re breaking the ToS or CoC.

But they are technically? If they do it on WoW. There is no way around that.

1 Like

Only if they use vulgar language, and then that is their offense, not the ERP in itself.

Fair enough, I am simply some1 with a grudge but also think the fact TRP3 etc are making moves to make it easier to report vulgar profiles and overly sexual ones point a finger towards it being against the ToS/CoC.

2 Likes

When doesn’t it involve vulgar language? Blizzard deems sexual language as vulgar and prohibited.

1 Like

Void Elves make more sense than high elves, because with blood elves and high elves going to Telogrus all the time, the void elves will quickly outnumber high elves.

That’s really something to be judged (by Blizzard) on a case-by-case basis, I’d say.

Of course. I’m not advocating people to go out on a hunt on this. But what I am saying is that it says plain and simple that vulgar/obscene language is plain and simple not allowed, and GM’s and blues has in several threads said that sexual language falls under this category.

So despite opinions, ERP in itself due to what it is about, isnt allowed technically by the ToS and CoC, that is just a fact. Then how much empahsis you put on following that or not/or advocate it to other players is up to the individual.

Like I said earlier, Blizzard are reactionary, so they will not do anything unless something is reported. Then they will investigate and make their decision based on their guidlines and whatever it is that was reported.

Despite opinions, ERP in itself in spite of what it is about, isn’t technically prohibited by the ToS and CoC, that is just a fact.
Unless they use vulgar / offensive language.