Unpopular Opinions

Rezan is just Rastakhan’s Stand.

2 Likes

But shouldn’t Rastakhan be dead alread–

Oh.

OH.

Gnomes are awesome and don’t get enough credit nor screentime.

8 Likes

How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?!

4 Likes

All combat should be without armour. Period

People portray Gnomes as jokes because Blizzard themselves cannot treat them with anything more than “yahooooo wacky sidekick xd” which is abysmally saddening.

I can’t count the amount of times over the years on my Gnome character’s i’ve done that I’ve been given nonsense because of:

1. not playing a complete lunatic (both of the psychotic sort, and the sociopathic sort) thus I’m somehow being “too human”.

2. Not an engineer, because all gnomes are engineers apparently and ontop of that questioning the engineering completely absent from the Warcraft universe that we get.

3. Playing a Gnome that actually recognises they’re a race of highly intelligent and clever people - not a cookie monster

and last and not least for sure.

1. Not acquiescing to the Gnome-clique of the Alliance that demands absolute obedience to their headcanon - as dictated by the grand council of female gnomes with the wrong type of “equipment”.

After Forsaken and Night Elves - Gnomes are definitely on the bottom of the pile due to the antics I’ve had to deal with them. I can safely say that I’ve had even better interaction with Goblin characters on AD than Gnomes - which says a lot coming from me.

3 Likes

What in ten characters.

This is a thing?

1 Like

Who knows. Lukas keeps yammering on about secret alliances and cliques every other post he makes.

11 Likes

I thought the Big Brand :tm: threat only came from the Horde…

7 Likes

At this point he must just be clicking a randomiser for his secretive enemy of the day.

Every community has some evil cabal ruling over it… or maybe he’s just not very nice and consistently alienates those he’s around.

Who knows :thinking:

6 Likes

I kind of gave up on playing goblin from the sheer bulk of unsubtle advances by various players interfering with the peace of mind required to be a good green gal.

Gnome on the other hand was hampered mainly by human RPers and compatriots absolutely refusing to treat the character as a person, reflexively defaulting to punting memes.

2 Likes

Any cabal want to make an alliance with my cabal

1 Like

Only if we can call it a Caballiance.

Anyone interested in joining my masonic forum cult?

:bank: :eye: :bank:

5 Likes

/e Performs the secret handshake.

1 Like

/e returns it with the secret nose flute melody

I agree, you’re apparently not a good Goblin if you’re not some sleazy crook. When I played my Goblin it was probably one of the best RP’s I did in a long time. Alas poor Blacktalons…

Yes, this was also an irritation although oddly enough not near as much of a problem as the internal problems within the Gnome community itself.

Usually sighted sitting together around one of the trees in Stormwind - or their garrison. In the case of Stormwind they’re usually deathly silent even when talked to several times.

I’d RP a cookie monster gnome, big ol’ brain needing diabetes levels of sugar intake.

Azeroth’s story was never really that good - not even way back when in the vaunted Warcraft III. Blizzard’s strength has always been in their general worldbuilding in some parts of the MMO (Vanilla, MoP), but the meta-narrative has always been a bit naff. Consider that the best parts of Pandaria were the side-plots, i.e Thunder King, and not all the Garrosh garbo.

… but I’m also now convinced Activision-Blizz just don’t care about either now, anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah but it made enough sense, it was better than this now.