Unsubbing, feeling down and under in this current state of PvP

in tlk rated pvp gear upgrades were unlocked at 1300-1400-1600-1800-2000-2200 something like that, the last three being normal weapons, shoulders and high ilvl weapons

1 Like

I’m close to unsubbing aswell, can’t even find a healer for 1320CR. In queue for hours, yesterday aswell. Can’t even upgrade my gear through PvP at the moment, what a great feeling. People warned about this for alts on the Beta.

1 Like

I Hit 1.6 last week after fighting 215+ people at 202 ilvl and now I realised I’ll be fighting people with rival gear. That’s when I called it GG

And the fact I need alot more honor it just motivated me to not play anymore

Great, just found a healer after ages and he just leaves me to 2v1 at the start, dude just leaves. Typical LFG behaviour after been in that for ages, waiting and waiting. What a great community and what a great arena season for alts. Boosters everywhere, spamming trade, alot of people getting carried, people with massive gear advantage and experience playing at ratings they shouldn’t even be at. What a great time I’m having, after coming back from a break.

1 Like

Ele doesn’t need RNG bless it’s Primordial Wave + Echoing Shock Lavaburst and two Lightning Bolts from Stormkeeper that does it. There is no RNG required.

The biggest problem is that every bracket is a huge gap now. In TBC or Wrath it wasn’t the problem as there was 1 piece locked behind the rating and 1 piece isn’t big deal. In Cata - WoD nothing besides weapons (only in Cata and early MoP) was locked behind rating. Because we are limited with conquest bar and WoD gear solution being discussed by Blizzard (as mentioned in Icy-Veins article) I wouldn’t mind if they removed cr requirements and made cap grow with CR. It would remove most of the boosters and make people able to play PvP most of their time. There shouldn’t be 20 ilvl difference at 1400 rating when you finish gearing. I’d remove PvP gear from weekly vault too. Why? Because if you level char now you are far behind.

2 Likes

Imagine that you are experienced player who played last 3-4 expansions at similar ratings with no problem. With a bit more effort and serious team you’d probably be gladiator not once and you struggle at 1600 because gear is gated. And it’s not 1 piece like in TBC or Wrath. It’s whole gear by 7 ilvl. In theory no much but in practice it’s huge difference. You can outplay most of the enemies but the fact they have few % more damage and healing every single game makes it harder. What Blizzard doesn’t understand is that getting a piece of gear this week won’t make it easier if your enemies get it as well. Also if you didn’t push during first week when everybody had the same gear - too bad. You have to face these who did and dropped now. Or some RBG heroes. My friend sent me a video of a 2100+ cr rbg guy making guides who clicked half of his spells. For example he clicked insignia.

2 Likes

The only thing you are correct on is gear not scaling. But specific pieces unlocked at different ratings, can’t recall exactly on which ones (especially that it shifted almost every season iirc) - but it was absolutely the same as now. We just get the base items rn and get them to ilvl equivalent to our skill (yes, you fing crybabies, CR is measurement of skill and no, you are not a secret rank1 hardstuck on rival). That’s it, we get MORE gear now. You need to git good to make it better.

Quite literally nobody is at that rating struggling because of gear. If you do struggle at it - it means you are playing badly. Sorry burst your bubble.

That’s just fing laughably not true. And if you think you are behind on gear - time to move your butt and get it. Quite literally nothing is stopping you from catching up on light speed pace but you.

Cool, you want videos of AWC players clicking their spells on 3kcr in mop for example? You can be extremely fast clicker. Yeah you will be worse off, but you can pull it off if you are good enough. I’ve seen WF raiders click.

Stop making up excuses for your mediocrity and you will get better.

2 Likes

You’re an ignorant clown.

1 Like

You barely broke 1800 with Ret or H Pala and you have negative winrate on Fire. If a guy who got 2200 at least in every bracket since WoD is struggling on 1600 - Blacklock and he openly says that it means something is wrong. No doubt he is overall more experienced player than you and he has no shame to admit that.

Also WF raiding and PvP are two different world. First of all in PvE most of times yky don’t even need any knowledge about other classes or specs and everything is scripted. AWC players don’t click spells I can assure you. Last time I saw any of them clicking a spell was Tren in Legion.

If you were gladiator now saying such things would be accepted but since you barely broke 1800 in 2s and you say how it easy it is. I’d like to see how would you play vs these 220+ geared heroes on your CR in 2s and 3s.

5 Likes

What makes me not wanna play is fire mages, ww monks and ret palas, but mostly ret paladins. Most ret paladins dont have that much of an understanding of the game. Pop Hoj in first global followed by wings and then proceed to do up to 100k damage in just mere seconds. #youreallyoutplayedmethere.

Something is wrong if last expansion with equivalent of combatant gear I was able to play MW Monk and R Druid that I played for the first time and now I have to play harder games than on 2,1 k cr and 2,3 mmr. I faced ABX and Trillebartom then. I also have access to check-pvp. Some people I play against are multi glads. What the hell is going on? I’m casual player who could play at 2k cr+ in both brackets.

1 Like

I understand what are u saying, but how is possible I m not good right now and i cant get above 1500 with my 200 gear, while in previous expansions i was able to reach 2000? My best is 2040, ok im not super, but I mean i suddenly became so bad? It means another factor plays a role here 
 maybe gear, maybe boosters 
 i dont know

People keep focusing on the wrong things with this whole debate about “does gear matter or not?”. Fact is, you’d see more newly dinged characters (relatively speaking) on a macro scale at 2.1k+ in any bracket if gear doesn’t matter. While individual exceptions can exist, you have to compensate with other ways to make up for gear differences, one of which that has been popular throughout WoW’s existence is via CC.

Fact is though, you’re seeing more experienced players slumming it at lower ratings when they’ve been much higher rated consistently in the past, not because every one of them is playing badly. But because gear & class they play are the two common denominators between all of them. (Not including the boosters.)

Which is why you can definitely get gear easily. As long as you roll fotm and play fotm comps only. Playing with geared players also helps a lot.
Which the LADDERS are also showing.

Meanwhile, if you DON’T do that, then you’re stuck slumming it at lower ratings than you’re used to. Because it’s a consequence by design. This is not something you can say “BUT THEY CAN DO IT!!” and that’d somehow prove something. Because that’s the difference between macro vs. micro scales.

Once the experienced players have gotten their missing gear pieces via the vault rewards, which takes at least a month if not more, then you see them raising their rating a bit more consistently. Not because they play better, but because their gear is doing more of the lifting then. (Which is why it tends to get “tougher” when you’re close to the new gear upgrades in the rating range but not quite there yet yourself.)
This is also something you can see with the inexperienced players, their rating “magically” goes up when their ilvl increases and they’re playing fotm comps.

So in conclusion, gear matters. For most players.

2 Likes

What is often forgotten that the skill requirement of reaching certain ratings is not static between each season, and it changes within season aswell.

As of right now, 2,4k in 2v2 is roughly rank 1000 in the ladder, while in BFA s4 it was more like rank 3500-4000(?). Maybe your individual skill level didn’t change much, but the ladder changed. That’s why it can be tough if you identify yourself as “2,4k player” but you can’t get to the same ratings you are used to.

That’s such a null argument to make. It’s not like players are somehow turned into beginners from season to season, regardless of the rating they were at.

What has changed is the way healing works, damage pace has increased a lot, and gear differences.
Although BFA had plenty of gear differences too. It was just that people were getting their gear from m+ and mythic raids then (still can’t believe PvPers were dumb enough to play through that).

Read that.

Rating is just a number to rank people in order. You wouldn’t compare the numerical value of money 10 or even 100 years ago to the numerical value of money today. What matters then? I would say it’s how much is your rating compared to the rest of the population, not the number itself.

2 Likes

That’s just ignorant to say. There is an insane amount of external influences on PvP in WoW, such as borrowed powers, class designs and comparative damage outputs and survival differences, CC differences, and gear differences.
This isn’t chess where the only difference is who starts on what side of the table. “Skill” is not the only factor in WoW PvP.

Read that before you say anything else.

That’s the issue many are having, right there. Key phrase being “LONG run”.

For example, check out people with 2.1k+ rating, and see how many still have honor gear pieces on them. It’ll take you time to do it, but just look around and see for yourself.
It’ll show you that not many people go from honor gear directly to 2.1k, ergo gear matters. For most players.

Which means the timegating is having an impact in a macro scale on rating placements.
Individual exceptions can exist though. They’re just not common.

Personally i try to avoid 2v2 this season as much as possible.
So many warriors,windwalkers. And running marathon against RM while the mage outheals your dmg(its winnable, im not complaining, its just annoying to face.)
Warrior holypala is just as unfun to face as dh/rdruid last season
And boosters/streamers are destroying everyone with their 226ilvl at 1,8-2k

its not fun at all