Upcoming Changes to the Ashran, Isle of Conquest, and Wintergrasp Epic Battlegrounds

I have 8 gigs of ram though lol

8 gigs in too low for newdays games. Also u need 2 planks thats work in DUO. Otherwise u got laggy.

1 Like

no offense but i’m not sure i understand what you mean by planks

8x8 =16 2 planks, 4x4 = 8 2 planks. When its duo RAM they works much faster.

You can have a graphics settings specially for Battlegrounds, so for example having reduced spell density for that, might be worth trying out.

I’m still wholly convinced that Ashran will never work in a BG setting, but atleast they’re adressing some issues

I’d rather have seen them have Ashran the zone scale with levels and keep it accessible as it was

1 Like

Really enjoy playing epic battlegrounds (except Wintergrasp as attacker) so I’m looking forward to seeing how these changes work out! A more even playing field for both teams sounds great - hopefully PTR feedback will be helpful and we can look forward to playing these on live.

Ashran - reinforcement nerf on mages is good, but the nerfing of the mages seems a bit pointless, they could already be zerged by a group of 3 people. More players per faction unwelcome as the number of players can already cause server lag in big fights - your infrastructure sucks at supporting this.

Isle of Conquest - docks is already the go to base, why are you buffing it? You say hangar is the important one, when it isn’t. Buff to demo health is welcome as workshop is seen as weak.

Wintergrasp - yep it’s definitely defense-favored, but I don’t believe these changes are enough. Defending team can zerg Sunken Ring at the start still, so giving it to the attacking team doesn’t really do anything apart from potentially delaying defense building for a minute. Destroying tower time also gives attacking teams 9 minutes less time - shorter games welcomed but this is very defense-favored.

1 Like

Never seen them go down ever - the quest to kill them is impossible as it is.

What’s the point of this change?

1 Like

Better they increase Ally and Horde Commander HP in Ashran, coz premades use tactics of rush and kill them in the base for like in 30-40 seconds.

Premade will win anyway - but it removes any possibility for non-premade to ever do this.

No, in ashran no. Far not always.

Maybe just fix the wintergrasp demolisher bugs instead? You’re never going to balance this map, just ditch it. The tower changes are nice but only serve to make the attacking faction suffer less long.

You’re talking about Ashran, the change you quoted is for Isle of Conquest.

1 Like

You’r correct - my bad. Yes Ashran was on my mind.

Unhappy people in life,are unhappy people about anything

Lately I have experienced very little lag in them. So perhaps they already changed something.

It’s nothing like the unplayable word bosses atm :rofl:

Overall quite decent and needed changes I think. Not bad.

I can add Isle to the /afk list. Ashran is horrible, WG is horrible and now they made Isle more painfull.

Sadly the changes to IOC are not the ones i was hoping for. I do welcome the changes to the others, but IOC is too much in favor of alliance. Docks are closer and having hangar, they can bomb hangar, workshop and ofcourse the gates. Tower cannons still are able to shoot at the flag in the alliance keep. Those are huge advantages.

1 Like

Wrong. I play them first to upgrade my gear, but more because I enjoy the experience. I know I am not alone in this either. You don’t get premades in epic BG’s, and it’s more about tactics than running into a meatgrinder (except Ashran).