Upcoming Changes to the Ashran, Isle of Conquest, and Wintergrasp Epic Battlegrounds

Good! I do think game should end instantly or within a minute of the defenders claiming all workshops

This would absolutely destroy all chances of a recovery for attackers. It’s not uncommon for defenders to cap all 4 workshops. It’s often difficult to recover from, but ending the BG on this condition would completely destroy it.

This amused me. Anyone who plays Horde side will know there is endless ranting about all must go docks and raging at those of us that prioritise the hangar.

Maybe blizz thinks we still in bfa, in bfa it was hangar.

1 Like

It still is. Glaives are too squishy so perhaps this change will rebalance that.

I do them because I like large scale pvp, what other content on wow can you and a few people taking the initiative swing an entire battle to your favor? where a competent player can sneak past 40 players and wreck havoc behind the lines? where a single healer going all out can save a battle being lost?

1 Like

All games is full docks atm, 40% more hp on glavies will just make it worse.

2 Likes

Yeah undoubtedly. It’s already “DOCKS DOCK DOCKS” as it is when that’s not the best tactic so nothing will really change. I also feel as if I missed a memo somewhere that players wait until the glaives have turtled at a firing point rather than attacking them on the way to that point.

Does anyone else still not know anything about these features?

Ashran is a frikking mystery. All but 5 players from each team go for the middle flag and slug it out for half an hour.

But… but… my team always goes Docks

Is that why we always lose? :frowning:

It’s sporting to give them a few free shots on goal before crushing them to dust.

2 Likes

That isn’t even the meta… The meta is glaives because their stupid range makes them invulnerable to the fort defences and you can just sit comfy and spam 1 over and over and you win.

Blizzard:

Also Blizzard:

• Glaive Thrower health has been increased by 40%.
1 Like

It is the meta, but it is an easily countered meta. I’ve been in plenty of games where rushing docks fails.

Let enemy team rush docks, many send almost their entire team there anyway, divide your team primarily between workshop and hanger, with a few lone cappers for refinery and quarry, when the toll sounds for dock capture, the workshop and hangar teams reassemble and rush the path the throwers take to get to the keep before they turtle in. You will usually kill them even if your team is defeated in the process.

At this point enemy team has zero seiege whilst your team has demos up and runnin as well as tank and hangar support. From there on you keep a good chunk of the team harassing docks and glaives on the way out (literally hit and run them) whilst the other divides between taking out turrets and manning your own siege. I’ve seen this work several times.

Some people believe docks is key to the win they will neglect every single aspect of the game to try and keep docks, even if the glaives aren’t getting set up. They will react to this by sending MORE to docks rather than trying to pressure the other nodes the other team has dominance over- it’s absolutely nuts.

Demos plus tank plus hangar will easily destroy the gate before glaives do if you keep harassing the glaives. This health buff may well make them sturdier but even so, it doesn’t take many people hitting and running to get the glaives down, ideally ranged classes like Locks and SPriests whom can dot them up and run, and repeat as needed.

Glaives are good, but they’re not worth throwing everything else in a match over, especially if the opposing team uses the fact docks is a hotspot early to exploit and control the other nodes.

Also becuase glaives are very far back and outrange the turrets, they create an issue in the final breach when the door goes down. I had a game on my ally char where we won via reinforcements when horde took docks early where they got our gate down and then repeatedly failed to get their team through said gate because nobody had taken the time to kill our turrets and the distance from the gate to the glaives was great enought it allowed us adequate time to turtle at the gate and blockade it, and they simply couldn’t get through.

Maybe if they had tried hanger as well, or workshop, they could have got the means to break the turtle, but they never bothered to contest them and our team responded too quickly to the gate falling. I would have loved to have read their BG chat that game, they went from a 50 reinforcement lead with our gate down to losing the match with us 80 reinforcements up.

So with 3 towers down the BG will last 21 min ? defenders will still win …

How about:

-New BGs Maps or are we supposed to wait another 5 years as we did from MOP to BFA.

-Solo RBG queue system?? I think that a multi-billion-dollar company can figure something out :laughing:

-Bring back 5v5?? why there are only 2 brackets in 2021 how boring is this system.

-Add Brawls BG maps to RBG to make the game more fun and spicy.

Why can’t you just delete Ashran, no one enjoys the zerg fest.

Also Isle of Conquest is BROKEN in favor of horde. If they get docks it’s gg because they have a broken choke point across a bridge to glaive the west wall from a position where turrets can’t even hit them. Now you made it even worse by buffing the glaives.

Awesome! I like epic BGs much more than the smaller ones, glad they’re not forgotten. I was worried they would be since they were put into their own queue, but clearly Blizzard still cares about them a lot and I’m so glad. c:
I’ll take 10 lost AVs over 1 won WSG any day, that’s how much I prefer epics over regular :star_struck:

Not just horde (I think the hangar worked better in BfA unlike many of my compatriots - the Docks are so Legion).

There’s a lot of good stuff there. Look forward to seeing what the changes do to the overall feel of the BGs

Hopefully it’ll go some way to sorting out Wintergrasp from the attacker side at the very least. I doubt they can sort Ashran though without removing all the side stuff that frequenly half the team or more run off to do at the very start.

3 Likes

oh i have a change for ya
how bout captcha so we have 0 raiders and others honor leeching
oh but same in rated bgs
cause its no fun

Docks rushing it is then, this only reinforces that! (already is the normal method.)

Any other way is slow but possible and no-one likes slow BG matches.

2 Likes