Upcoming DK nerfs for pvp

## **Death Knight**

* Anti-Magic Shell absorption amount reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
* Will of the Necropolis damage reduction reduced by 50% in PvP in combat.
* Anti-Magic Barrier increase to Anti-Magic Shell duration and amount absorbed has been reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
* Abomination Limb will no longer pull individual enemy players more than once over its duration (was every 4 seconds).
* Improved Death Strike increase to Death Strike’s healing has been reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
* **Frost**
  * Death Strike’s healing increased based on recent damage is reduced by 50% if the damage was dealt by players or their pets.
* **Unholy**
  * Death Strike’s healing increased based on recent damage is reduced by 50% if the damage was dealt by players or their pets.
    * *Developers’ notes: Death Knight survivability has been substantially higher than we’re comfortable with, so we’re targeting several aspects of their defensive kit. We feel that with these adjustments, Death Knights will maintain durability with options to counterplay defensively. Additionally, the multiple grips from Abomination Limb created scenarios of unfun gameplay with minimal counterplay in PvP. We’re changing this talent to be able to pull in a unique player in once per talent usage. We believe this change will allow the talent to be an attractive talent to pick while maintaining counterplay options for opponents.*

Are you serious, blizzard?
There are classes that are MUCH stronger and they get away without any nerfs lol

12 Likes

these nerfs are absolutely ridicioules wtf… nerf spellwarden and necorpolis NOT death strike, this is litteraly butchering how dks can even live at all how will we even survive against PHYSICAL DMG we dont omg i lvld 2 dks…

8 Likes

This guts blood in pvp, when it’s already weak compared to guardian druid which has been meta in RBGs for years now.

These nerfs are pretty shocking, I think they could’ve just nerfed DS healing by 25% and it would have been fine… Agree with OP as someone who is taking full advantage of the sub one shot, this seems crazy that dk got more dmg nerfs than rogue

4 Likes

i hate that blizzard dont even know what makes a class op, ye dk was living alot but its because we are litteraly getting hit with like 100-200k hits then we death strike after, nerf spellwarden and necropolis not death strike we are gonna be paper now

2 Likes

unsub guys vote whit your money do not lett blizzard have the last laugh.

2 Likes

instead of fixing the reason dk heals that much: WW doing 300k in 3 seconds, shammy ele and enha getting 120k lighting bolts instant out of nowhere, dh being dh, fury doing constant damage like other classes burst, they chose to nerf the healing DK’s needed to even buy time to play the game.
Nah chief, this season is compromised like this class is. Unsubbed today.

4 Likes

Based on what are they nerfing this hard? Unless is based on getting people to stop playing DKs, I don’t know what. Have they lost their minds?

3 Likes

DK has been obviously dominating PvP whole of shadowlands, INSANE mobility, instant nuke damage with zero setup, amazing sustain, healing reduction, best defensives, strong against both meele and spellcasters. They needed to nerf it really hard to bring it in line with other classes, man. Do you want DKs to have 20%+ representation in arena ?

Oh wait, i was describing a completely different hero class. My bad.

4 Likes

They doing same stupid move with DKs as at the start of SL, completely ignoring the fact that death strike is the only thing that keeps DKs alive….it’s good I chose to play hunter which is already weakest of all.

1 Like

Yeah well they are not comfortable with DKs surviving too long. In general it seems. Cause Im about to drop this class cause they have been doing this for so long it’s just stupid.

2 Likes

And unfun with abomination limp. So now dks will be UNFUN to play. Like always

1 Like

The only reason death strike healing is OP, is because of the 40% of damage taken last 5 seconds you get with the talent. And I agree that is strong, in a scenario where you have a healer healing you when you are taking lots of damage and then the DK kinda builds up the death strike healing… But death strike in pvp (as it is already nerfed by 25%) heals you for 8% of max health, thats it. You need to be in melee range, it costs 35 runic power, any ability that makes you not hit wastes the ability and no healing (dodge, bubble parry, etc). You can disarm the dk and it cant heal for 8 sec.

Not only that, any MS effect screws over the DK literally. Our defensive against melee is that one ability, and it heals for crap initially. So no do not nerf DS healing by 25%, nerf the secondary effect as they do, but keep the initial heal and improve it. It is ridiculously weak for the cost and negative effects by using it.

If these changes go live - unsubbed

Share Rextroy’s new video everywhere and maybe there is still a chance.

Classic Blizzard. I will give them the praise for the leveling experience and dragonriding and even for the new talent system, but the PvP tuning for the game is still so terrible. I can’t even comprehend their stupidity.

1 Like

It’s just odd how they hit DK with 5 nerfs of such a huge amount without even letting the season play out and tuning them down slowly.

It’s just pathetic and i’m sure i heard the other day in Mes stream that they based these nerfs on data pulled from random bgs played since hitting max level… How incompetent are these devs? it’s actually pathetic to what was a really good start to the expansion.

To be clear so i don’t come across as biased, i do believe we needed some nerfs for survival but holy crap 5 nerfs of up to 50% reduced effectiveness … insanity…

2 Likes

lol @ fake rogue.

1 Like

I leveled my dk to 62 last night, I guess I should go back to mage? Genuine question

1 Like

Go back to Mage.
Seems like Blizzard is stuck in 2008-2009 and still thinks DK’s are really strong.
They’ve gutted Evokers as well in one patch so I’m probably gonna play my Hunter again.