Update error. "Whoops, look like something broke, give it another shot

(retail)been a few days since i played, Was gonna log in today and play, The updater in launcher says intitializing, then scanning game files… and at 12% files scanned, it says “whoops, look like something broke, give it another shot” .

I have had issues before with inititializing being stuck etc (i think i re installed Battlenet launcher". but not this exact issue. Game was fine logging into like 3 days ago.

What do you suggest me doing. I will re install launcher again.

EDIT: EDIT: I re installed the game, and the same thing still happens. what the heck?

I have the same problem. Happened during todays (5th April) maintenance. Desktop App tried to update then switched to scanning then the aforementioned “Whoops” message. I restarted the app. Deleted the Bnet folder on drive C so it is redone after relog. Restarted my PC.
I can’t log in nor play. This is very frustrating.

I didn’t get an update, instead I was reinstalling the game itself and now I can’t even start the installation process after initialisation (see my other thread).

Are you guys in UK on provider Virgin by any chance?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.