[UPDATED 8 JUNE] Introducing the Community Discords Program!

:man_facepalming:

Weight toward readers, not toward Blizzard. Holy turd dude.
People out there, who are not necessarily informed about MVPs but they are reading forums, for them green statements tend to appear as more valuable/ truthful/ accurate etc.

Well, that is not how human brain works. You are MPV and your comments have more weight, whether you like it or not. Especially if we talk about people who occasionally read the forums, aka people who are not informed about MVP program.

I agree.

2 Likes

Itā€™s plain to see what I have actually said, and the twisting others have done and some just bare faced lies. So Iā€™m very happy that anyone who cares for facts can see them.

This is the TLDR, other than correcting where people are making things up.

Fortunately Iā€™m not one to be bullied or intimidated and I know that the forum community has really nice members too. Itā€™s just unfortunate that a small minority let their personal feelings get in the way.

I look forward to the discussion getting back on track, and those few to stop their personal attacks.

please donā€™t take any legal advice from anyone other than your own lawyer guys , cheers

Just let the case rest.
It is the third or fourth time you repost your TL;DR and by now everyone read it and another and another repost wonā€™t change anything in anyoneā€™s opinion or way to read stuff.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping they will let it rest. But who knows.

you cant blame them though

you are green text poster and pretty much only person in this thread desperately defending this idiotic idea of multi billion $ company .

we get it that you have no other choice but you wont convince anyone that you are objective on this matter.

2 Likes

I have not defended Blizzard, I havenā€™t defended the contract either.

I post my own opinions and always have.

one suggestion to blizzard; you donā€™t need anything other than an NDA for this initiative. yes you need more feedback from a wider audience but this is not the way . you can easily build up your own team to search all kinds of social media content to see non-filtered feedback. if you still want to be involved with community discords, donā€™t make it in a way that people would be hesitating to criticise you. people already told every possible bad thing about you in last 3-4 years, no need to put a defense mechanism here . we all want this game to get better and adapt to todayā€™s standarts.

1 Like

Nah Puny. It is pretty common among various big video games that the public forums are abused for personal salt topics instead of appreciating the game. I mean, every time I look into the Bungie forums for Destiny 2 I see so many negative topics, recently many accusing Bungie of greed for increasing the season pass costs by 2$/ā‚¬ā€¦ 2$/ā‚¬ more every 3 monthsā€¦ Oh noā€¦

Actual decent forums are a rariety, unless the forums are not public accessible. Take ESO forums for example. You canā€™t just simply go there. You have to own the game first, then request an invite to the forums and only if you get the invite-entry barrier done, THEN you can comment and discuss there. And that actually results in more positive than negative threads there from my experience because all the toxic people are not even getting that far and giving up in the process.

1 Like

That sounds amazing

yess eso forums are the best

Even the NDA is not really needed. All blizzard really needs for their project to go through is a deal for direct communication-line with the server admin (outside of discord, this includes phonenumber and email address), moderation rights so they can create/moderate QA, create FAQ threads and being able to show that they are officially a part of blizzard when talking on behalf of blizzard. (Blizzard can easily make mock servers to prepare all their work, before taking it to the live Community Server, so NDA is not needed to keep things ā€œsecretā€).

The partnered server as such should only be required to allow those tools/rights be given as long blizzard employees act on behalf of blizzard on the server, and blizzard will sign that they will not in any way, shape or form, trying to dictate, moderate or affect the Community Server with its tools/privileges given beyond the purpose (This includes blizzard at most having the right to remove/hide posts in their direct blizzard made threads): to have clean/safe communication with the users in official blizzard threads.

What is really needed to make this work is very minimal. Of course a lawyer wouldā€™ve a hizzyfit not being able to do X, Y and limit Z, but that is all just frosting on a cake. But it is really not needed.

I would rather see blizzard (being the big one here) make it 100% clear that the underdog (the small community) will be protected from power abuse and blizzard itself. There is very little a community can do to really hurt blizzard, but with its lawyer core and deep pockets, blizzard for sure can make the Community Adminā€™s life a living hell.

1 Like

i said NDA because of the rewards section actually , it says ā€˜ā€™ , limited access to ā€œBetaā€ versions of Blizzard software, written or live interviews with developers, and occasional promotional itemsā€™ā€™ so if the limited access thing requires staying as a secret then it might be necessary idk

1 Like

Iā€™m making an assumption here but I assume a bot meant to harvest data may be a way to keep up with busy chats to skim for game related things like feedback? Which makes sense because some days I wake up to 500+ new messages in the general chat of my main discord. Thatā€™s a LOT of text for one person to go through.

Folks donā€™t like bots much tho, and I think having an actual person read the stuff and being able to respond (even if itā€™s just to nod and say ā€˜yea I seeā€™) would be beneficial to both sides.

You donā€™t have to keep up with every channel either. Most discords have several channels dedicated to different things. Like an art channel for posting art, a memes channel for silly stuff, general for just babbling about whatever, be it the game or what people had for breakfast. And while talks about the game do frequently happen in general, itā€™d be easy enough to make a dedicated channel like ā€˜feedbackā€™ to gather the stuff blizz would like to see in one place with less off-topic chatter.

You could even set up a rule that any discussions about feedback left in that channel has to go in a thread, so itā€™s further divided and you can either just eye the original feedback message, or click the thread itā€™s linked to to see what people said about it.

Iā€™ll also toss in a Reward idea: the Roleplayers would go feral (positive kind of feral) for a Q&A about lore. And I donā€™t mean big current lore like what dragon is murder who or where does a new city pop up or whoā€™s the main villain etc.

I mean lore like how much is a copper worth in different cities. What are some laws in various regions. Are there warlock permits or requirements for using fel or can anyone become a warlock. Whatā€™s some popular foods with this and this troll tribe.

Little every day lore thatā€™d enrich RP in some way.

Another hot topic on AD at least could be what makes a perfect RP hub, like a city or zone, and that might provide some useful feedback for future city design, or maybe small adjustments to old zones like sayā€¦ Removing the faction guards of Darkshire so Horde can be there too, because the zone has at times been a very popular place for RP between the two factions, especially during peace times, but also during war.

If you want to get into the RP communities and see what theyā€™re up to, using discord or Argent Archives is great. Many post schedules for events, both public ones like markets and festivals, or private ones with sign-ups and smaller groups going on adventures.

3 Likes

If u r getting attacked so much because of the green text then why not just ask Blizzard to remove it from u itā€™ll make ur life easier imo

1 Like

This is something that comes up so often and is absolutely not true. Just because our text is green doesnā€™t mean weā€™re any different to other posters in what we can and do post.
Iā€™ve been green for ā€¦ well it feels like thousands of years but is actually only just over ten and Iā€™ve probably disagreed with stuff thatā€™s happened almost as often as Iā€™ve thought it good. Just like anyone else. Except we have to defend ourselves if we agree with something Blizz has done.
NB This is in general not just this specific thread.

1 Like

So itā€™s a data scraping echo chamber with the added bonus of suing players?

Away and jobby

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably one of the more constructive replies Iā€™ve seen in this discussion!!

Nicely done.

I agree that no person could possibly read and digest everything that goes on in a discord. Especially some of the big communities, the level of activity is huge.

I agree so much with what you say about RP Servers and ā€˜ourā€™ needs. And yes, we are pretty much ā€˜dependentā€™ on our AA and the Discords that provide information about events, bet it the things that are open for everyone or the ones of communities/hubs that host dmā€™ed events with sign ups in advance.

Info about lore would be great and a chance for us to give feedback on our ā€˜needsā€™ as role-players as well.

1 Like

Sadly there has been so much off-topic banter which should probably been a private message conversation filling 95% of this thread. That the actual posts that relate to the topic has been drowned out and making people who would actually be interested in reading, asking relevant questions or giving their take instead just lose interest in favor of reading 180 posts about ā€œx said y saidā€.

Which is indeed a shame in such a topic that could have some good potential for the community going forward.

3 Likes