Updated List of Windwalker Monk Bugs

In light of 9.0.5 attempting to fix some of the bugs that have plagued Windwalker for a while, here is a list of several major to minor bugs still affecting the spec:

Major:

• Fallen Order - Sometimes(trigger unknown), Fallen Order Monks do not use their abilities or if they do, they deal very little damage. Other times they work perfectly fine.

Medium:

• Expel Harm interrupts Spinning Crane Kick’s channel (no other instant cast abilities do this, only casts/channels)
  • Touch of Death has a very significant delay before becoming castable once its conditions are met
  • Bone Marrow Hops (Conduit) doesn’t increase Bonedust Brew damage from pets (including SEF/Xuen)
  • If Expel Harm does even a single point of overhealing, it automatically only does 1 damage

Minor:

• Rolling immediately after Flying Serpent Kick causes your roll to end preemptively
  • Casting Roll or Flying Serpent Kick immediately after leaving a root or similar effect sometimes causes you to go nowhere
  • Windwalking Aura doesn’t stack with other movement abilities (potentially intentional)
  • When killing a mob with Fists of Fury, you often get stuck “in combat” for several seconds after

If there are any bugs that i missed, let me know and i’ll add them.

7 Likes

Makes me sad :neutral_face:

I hate the visual bug that makes you display different pants than what you have tmogged after using SEF and e.g. leaving arena. You have to relog to get rid of it.

2 Likes

Today’s bugfixes were expected, they were mechanically just weird. It is just a little bit odd that those were the only ones that increased damage, while every other bug that reduces our damage are still there.
Not to mention the class as a whole has very lackluster tooltips and explanations on how stuff is even supposed to work.

2 Likes

Well, a couple of days ago a few new bugs have shown up.
Let Go of the Past(Pelagos Soulbind Trait) increases damage taken.

Spinning Crane Kick doesn’t benefit from Mastery currently;
Rising Sun Kick > Spinning Crane Kick does exactly the same damage(on Spinning Crane Kick) than Spinning Crane Kick > Spinning Crane Kick, still breaks Mastery/Hit Combo, though!

I’ve updated the post, but since this is only Monk related im leaving the Pelagos stuff out.

1 Like

I’m done with WW until either major changes in one of the patches, or till next xpack.

I can’t stand all these buggs. I cant stand 3 xpacks in the row of dead talents. I can’t stand our stat scalling, even when rotation is executed perfectly, you still get downtime because the only good stat for us a crap ton of vers. Done.

1 Like

While i agree that the bugs are annoying, they have been pretty quick in Shadowlands thus far with fixing them.

Stat Scaling is kind of a non-existent issue if they balance frequently, like in Legion for example. They have also been quite active in that regard so far in Shadowlands. There’s an article on the monk community website(Peak of Serenity) talking about this(Scaling) in more detail, if you’d like to take a look.

Monk has always had downtime, like most energy based classes. That is not the fault of stats though. It’s more blizzards decision that some classes operate on an energy system and thus have downtime in their kit.

I hope you enjoy your break(from Monk) nonetheless! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sure do hope so that this will occur. But BfA did not strike me with a lot of trust on this issue.

Oh yes, I am well aware :slight_smile: And what that articles says, while not directly, that the fact is WW will be slipping down to one of the bottom dps as we go further into SL. Unless they start tuning it patch to patch. Let’s see how it goes.

I must disagree with this. Why can’t the game be designed that 100 vers gives as much dps as 100 haste? I love haste, I love pressing buttons fast. Why must I stack vers? I mean, what’s point of stats, 4 of them, if we can’t choose which stat to stack? Do you want to hit harder but slower, stack X stat! Do you like fast rotation, stack Y stat! Why can’t we have this?

And I know I CAN choose any stat, but I’m talking about the most optimal in terms of performance.

Demolock has been hitting the spot quite nicely, thank you :slight_smile:

Please stop posting bugs so often, the ability fixes for windwalker come in a 7 year interval, it’s not time yet and those result in a DPS loss, which makes them kinda ok and harmless.

3 Likes

It seems Spinning Crane Kicks interaction with our Mastery has been fixed! :slight_smile:

I just tried on the Puppet and nope. CET 00.00 +1

I did 1900 with Mystic Touch and Combo Strikes and did 1800 without Mystic combo & without Combo Strikes.

Its also repeatable.

1900*0.95 = 1805.

I have 20% Mastery.

I’m not sure how Blizzard handles their hotfixes in different regions, it works on NA(confirmed on Monk Discord) - maybe we’ll have to wait until daily reset.

In the meantime, we just got some buffs!

Monk

• Windwalker
    • Spinning Crane Kick damage increased by 15% (was 10%) per unique target you’ve struck in the last 20 seconds (was 15 seconds) with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or Rising Sun Kick.
    • Resolved an issue with Spinning Crane Kick that prevented the ability from gaining benefit from Mastery: Combo Strikes.
    • Fists of Fury now deals 70% damage to secondary targets (was 50%).

Edit
Oh well, in NA the buffs are live - Mark of the Crane still only provides a 10% increase. The rest should be working though, as confirmed by the Monk Discord.

I expect this to be fixed rather quick.

Edit 2
This is now fixed on NA Servers!

Bump, todays hotfixes are nice

1 Like

Hey, I want to list an interaction that is not surprising, but makes it really tough for windwalkers. As both FoF and WDP, two of our key damaging abilities are considered AoE, it’s impossible for us to kill pets in PvP as their damage is reduced by 90%. I think it’s fair enough that WDP is reduced by 90%, but I don’t think FoF should be reduced by 90% when the pet is targeted as then it’s used for single target purposes.

the ToD bug is shocking

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.