Updated: WoW Gold Farming for New Players, NO AH Needed!

There are various add-ons like

Or an even easier to use (but with less options) The Undermine Journal which gives you the prices of an item in the last 72h/15day on your server and the EU mean value (you gotta update it every few day to have up to date values tho but it overall tells you if something is worth selling on the AH)

Yup. You could get half of that half-million over 10 characters in about 60 hours of farming the most lucrative raids. The other half, though, will take notably longer, both because of farming time per gold in the raids themselves, and because of travel time, which really starts to bite in lower level raids. It would surelt be a lot mroe than 60 hours of the other half. Maybe 100?

And considering there are only 168 hours in a week, if you farm as much as possible, that would leave you one hour per day to sleep, eat, and everything else. Not really a balanced lifestyle. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is a chore that awards a mediocre gold gain. On paper it might seem cool but only people who don’t have anything better to do in their life can make use of this.
I think you could earn just as much killing stuff for the exact same duration in nazjatar.

3 Likes

Nazjatar would be pretty crap for raw gold. Everything takes forever, and the drops are very stingy.

Last time I looked, the Botanica dropped about 300 per run, so that’s 3K/hour, because it’s a very fast run with an exit exactly where you want it. Iron Docks and Stonecore give 500-700 per run, IIRC, but you’ll find it very hard to get 10 full clears into your hour. For open world, I suspect Isle of Thunder and the Western Pandaria islands are still best.

But it’s all very dreary, and really not worth doing for gold.

I heartily recommend old raids to new players who have dinged and need to build up some gold, and have levelled through the game without seeing them. That’s a good time all round. And of course there is mount and transmog filling-in. Which is quite pleasant when you feel like it. Not so much to anyone else.

It’s up to the person who runs them, some might wanna collect transmog - Mounts, why not sell the armor you get in the run for a nice amount of gold?.

And honestly i’d say going to a Vendor and right click is way simpler than addons involved with AH for beginners.

Depends if you want transmog or a specific mount, im not saying that you should do every raid for all the gold mentioned, if you only need Tusks from garrosh then just do it on Mythic - HC and sell the armor the bosses drops, you dont have to run every raid xD, but yeah thanks!, thought about making newbies a favor without involving the AH, which alot of peoples sadly are mentioning here instead of making their own AH Gold Guides.

Or for peoples that farms transmog - Mounts, and selling the boss drops as a secondary!.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.