Updated: WoW Gold Farming for New Players, NO AH Needed!

This is a Updated Gold Guide as my old one was inactive for 1 Month and got Locked, so figured i’d make a new one with some new Updates! as the old post got alot of Love, and i appreciate all of the Support when putting all this together!.:heart:

Raw Gold Farming [Old Raids] [No AH] Was the old Thread with all the Support!

OLD GUIDE [Wrath → WoD]
This guide is Old, but the amount is still the SAME

Hi!, so i’ve been running every raid on this character to see how much old Raids gives!, that has Legacy Loot so from Wrath of the Lich King - Warlords of Draenor!. by Purely getting the Gold from the Bosses and selling all the Loot!.

Also New Player Friendly that looks for a easy way to make Guarrenteed Gold!

As Classic and BC Gives barely any loot, so im not counting these in this Thread!

So i just wanted to share my experience with Gold Farming, and how much i made each Expansion!, oh to make it easier for every raid did i send over every little Gold / Silver to my Bank Character!

Wrath of the Lich King

• Vault of Archavon 25-Man = 217+ Gold
  • Naxxramas 25-man = 1.2K+ Gold
  • The Obsidian Sanctum 25-Man = 192+ Gold
  • The Eye of Eternity 25-Man = 27+ Gold
  • Ulduar = 1.2K+ Gold
  • Trial of the Crusader 25-Man = 460+ Gold
  • Onyxia 25-Man = 45+ Gold
  • The Ruby Sanctum 25-Man HC = 203+ Gold
  • Icecrown Citadel 25-Man HC = 1.1K+ Gold

Total Gold = 4.644+ Gold

Cataclysm

• Baradin Hold 25-Man = 300+ Gold
  • Blackwing Descent 25-Man HC = 1K+ Gold
  • Bastion of Twilight 25-man HC = 966+ Gold
  • Throne of the Four Winds 25-Man HC = 320+ Gold
  • Firelands 25-Man HC = 1.6K+ Gold
  • Dragon Souls LFR & 25-Man HC = 4.2K Gold

Total Gold = 8.386+ Gold

Mists of Pandaria

• Mogu’Shan Vaults 25-Man HC = 1.1K+ Gold
  • Heart of Fear 25-Man HC = 1.4K+ Gold
  • Terrance of the Endless Spring 25-Man HC = 872+ Gold
  • Throne of Thunder 25-Man HC= 2.5K+ Gold
  • Siege of Orgrimmar all Difficulties = 7K+ Gold

Now i cant remember if i did all the MoP in LFR or not!, will update the ones up to Siege abit Later!

Total Gold = 12.872+ Gold

Warlords of Draenor

• Highmaul All Difficulties = 4.5K+ Gold
  • Blackrock Foundry All Difficulties = 7.3K+ Gold
  • Hellfire Citadel All Difficulties = 12K+ Gold

Total Gold = 23.800+ Gold

By Doing all of these raids a Week on 1 Character Gets you about
49.702+ Gold

Let’s say that you do this on 5 Characters, you can easily get about
248.510+ Gold

So there’s your Gold for a Monthly WoW Sub

Let’s say that you do this on 10 Characters, you can easily get about
497.020+ Gold
Thats about half a Mil Gold for no Effort!.

So the more amount of Alts you have the Richer you can get by farming Old Raids!:heart:

So you can easily make about 50K a Week by purely doing Old Easy and Soloable Raids!, Gathering Proffesions prob is more Worth doing, however the Prices above is Guarrenteed! a Week!, and you dont have to wait for someone to buy your stuff on the AH!

New Guide [WoD → BFA]
This updated Guide is HUGE, However you can only gain the right amount of Gold in this Guide through WoD,
and Legion in the Next Expansion.
And BFA in 2 Expansions from now.
And i do NOT include the Raw gold the Bosses drops, but ONLY Gold from selling the Loot!

Warlords of Draenor
HFC (LFR_NORMAL_HEROIC_MYTHIC) - 12K+ Gold --------------------- (13_BOSSES)
BRF (LFR_NORMAL_HEROIC_MYTHIC) - 7.3K+ Gold --------------------- (10_BOSSES)
HM (LFR_NORMAL_HEROIC_MYTHIC) - 4.5K+ Gold --------------------- (7_BOSSES)

Total WoD gold
All_Raids_WoD - 23.800 Gold ---------------------------------------- 1 Character
All_Raids_WoD - 119.000 Gold -------------------------------------- 5 Character
All_Raids_WoD - 238.000 Gold -------------------------------------- 10 Character

How i calculated.

1. Find the Boss with a Item that sells the most to a vendor as Gold.
  2. 5x of that Item [Legacy Loot often gives 5 Loot a Boss]
  3. Bosses in Raid
  4. Difficulties. [4 Difficulties]

Just Multiply this! and you see the " About " Amount of gold you can get in a Expansion!.
The Reason why BFA gives way more gold in the Calculations is because LEGION Does NOT Drop any Weapons!.

3 Likes

As I said begore, I mostly agree with your numbers, give or take RNG. At least, up to WoD. Your Legion and BfA numbers are fantasy, that will never happen.

But I strongly disagree with your characterisations of this as

You can do it, sure. You can get 40K-50K from clearing raids on one character in a week. And then repeat that on more characters. And as a geared 120, everything up to and including WoD is faceroll, except for maybe Spine, which you have to get the knack for.

BUT it takes time. A lot of time. And while it’s great for new players to see the old raids, which have much of the greatest work done in WoW in terms of character, model design, ambiance, story, it is some serious burnout when you’re running them every week, much less several times a week.

I have numbers on all the raids. I also have times on all the raids.

WoD is the juiciest expansion, and accounts for about half of the total, so let’s look at that.

The three WoD raids go like this:
Highmaul 15-20 minutes
Blackrock Foundry 25-30 minutes
Hellfire Citadel 35-40 minutes.

At best, those will take 5 hours per week per character to run just the WoD raids 4 times each, excluding any travel time. Now, those will get you about 23K gold, but that’s a rate of 4.6K per hour. You can buy gold from Tokens for, at the moment, about 11K per Euro. So you are working for 50c per hour. Much though I hate the effects of The Token, you are much getter off skipping a pizza this month, and buying 220K worth of gold instead.

Now, I do know that some people will find this worth doing because they would have trouble keeping their sub up otherwise.

I also know that some people get satisfaction from earning their way, not buying themselves into the game.

I also know that for new players hitting 120, 25K gold may seem like a fortune, and they will be happy to do the tour once to get a starting stake!

And to these people, I say: go for it! and enjoy the raids as much as you can when chained to them for hours. And enjoy the transmogs and achievements you get along the way. Everybody should do each raid at least once, if only to see it.

Just don’t get the idea that this is a working Get Rich Quick scheme. :smiley:

Now, as for your Legion and BfA numbers

1. Those are not currently attainable because, as you note, Legacy Loot rules are not in effect - so even if you could do them all at 120, you would get only 5%-10% of the theoretical value with Legacy rules.
  2. These numbers will not be attainable in future expansions either, because the devs keep a very careful eye on how much gold can be earned by farming raids, and adjust and vastly reduce the vendor prices for drops every expansion - and sometimes even with patches. We;ve been through at least one gold nerf per expansion over the last three expansions, and I doubt they’ll forget to check it off the list next time either. :stuck_out_tongue:
5 Likes

Yes the Value of going to do Legion’s and BFA’s raids purely to farm raw gold without AH, is not even close to worth it as they dont have Legacy loot yet!

FUN DETECTED

1 Like

There is a lot to say about this, especially in the context of the hyperinflation the devs engineered over the previous two expansions, but I don’t think “Fun detected … Fun nerfed” is the right characterisation in this case.

Mostly because it isn’t fun!

I mean, sure, the first time you solo an old raid, it is fun, because you are seeing new things, enjoying your power, counting your gains. Yup. That’s all good.

And so I would say to everyone: go solo any old raids you haven’t seen. At least once. Forget the gold; they’re all worth seeing for themselves. :slight_smile:

And the second and maybe third times you do a raid, you can still be having fun, still getting used to it.

But sometime after the third or fourth run-through, it all just becomes a chore.

Not fun. Not fun when you know you have ten more hours of these chores to do, for this character, this week. And the same as last week. Same as next week.

After a month or two, it makes ironing look like fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats person to person :stuck_out_tongue:

Some enjoy farming gold, some don’t!

For those that enjoy farming gold, this would be a Fun Detected moment :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s what I thought

Having done a bit of old raid farming recently I found your qvalues to be inflated for Cata and mop (+50% compared to what I actually got)

Overall mop (if you skip soo) is more worth in a gold per hour aspect than the wod raids (about 7k gph) and the mats you pick have great value.

You may add that the Wotlk raids runes/orbs sometimes sell for a bit of gold ( anything between 10 and 200 gold each depending on the orb)

Lastly, if you have a minor keep in mind that Molten core is most likely more worth doing than any of these raids in term of drops to sell at the AH.

Check out your AH beforehand but things like sulfuron ingot, blood of the mountain and dark iron ore have a crazy value on my server (800+ for sulfuron ingot, 50+ gold per ore or 900+ per bar if you have the recipe) Also if Rzgnaros drops a bag of gems containing an arcane crystal that’s 500 more gold in value.

Also you should imo remove the legion &BFA ones for the time being, as grainne said it’s pure fiction at this point

It’s RNG, some runs you get good loot to sell, some runs might be all Shait.

You could make alot of money out of the AH, but this guide is purely to sell loot dropped from bosses to a random Vendor, so no AH.

Removed them for the time being.

Yeah but rather than taking a medium price to offer a good estimation you took the most valuable item in the drop tables, that’s an issue imo

Anyway, as usual great guide that’s just a minor issue at this point

Edit : Yeah but the players would vendor valuable resources if they are unaware of their value…
Anyway, fair enough but I think it would be a shame if they miss these opportunities to double the value of their runs

This is a good guide I am using it to farm some gold it’s good for a quick buck but nothing more for example since Horde is dominant in pvp this expansion I can’t do VOA and the cataclysm one cause it’s always Horde controlled also I’m mostly vendoring items for raw gold I’m ignoring selling stuff on the AH because I don’t know what to sell and how much it’s worth so I vendor everything and I get 5k gold from all wotlk and cata runs.And I feel like some of you are overly criticising this guy’s method and kind of feel like you are promoting buying tokens for gold but the problem is I don’t want to waste IRL money to buy gold in game so I’m sticking with this guide thank you.

I strongly suggest using addon called Auctionator, it scans whole AH for every item it contain and then if you drop that item you see vendor, disenchant and auction price in the tooltip, this is one of Must Have addons for me to be honest.

I wonder if you can get similar money just mindlessly farming herbs (let’s say 5x 1 hour a day). Currently I do not have this information, but I think farming herbs will be easier and faster for the new players.

One problem I see with the calculations is that travel time to the instances does not seem to be included. I also wonder if new players have 5(!) max level characters available to farm old content with.

So, while I like your alternative approach it doesn’t seem to be very useful for newcomers in my eyes. And personally, I think it will get boring very fast.

I think TSM is 100 times better. But yes, please use some AH addon.

TSM didn’t work for me even if i installed it properly, so i looked for another and chosen Auctionator, never looked back from that moment.

1 Like

Having run many dungeons and raids solo in my life I can say without a shadow of doubt, it’s boring. I’d rather buy a token than run all those dungeons over and over again.

1 Like

The first time I used TSM I felt the same. I ignored all guides and wanted to get it working. I failed. Then I took a little step back and read a couple of threads and watched some video’s.

Now I honestly can’t go back to anything else. The way you can make custom groups and then scan then works so well. To each it’s own I suppose.

It’s not a very good guide since essential information is missing. The times are incorrect / time is missing. It’s not a guide for beginners (like I explained, which beginner has 5+ chars).

For someone that wants to spend all their time farming old dungeons and enjoying it, it might be a good idea. But those would probably do it anyways. This guide seems to give people the impression it is a very good way to gather gold as a beginner. I doubt it.

It’s not a bad guide in the sense the information is correct about gold dropping and the guide explains which instances you need to do. But a lot of externals are missing which will be misleading, especially to newcomers.

PS: I would never buy tokens myself. I have other methods to make gold.

1 Like

Which are I really wanna hear em and update my knowledge?.

I scan various custom groups I created in TSM and look for their listed value vs their market value. If they are lower and I think they will sell for higher, I buy them and relist them for a profit.

1 Like

Thank you so Trade skill master is the answer.

Thank you for taking the time to collect this data. It’s very interesting to know you could farm half a million gold with 10 characters a week, but here is only one problem. Realistically though I doubt anyone would want to farm all these raids on 5+ characters every week due to how much time it would take. If you have an everyday life you might have enough time to do it on a few characters sure, but 10? No. I do understand that you probably just made an example of how much gold you can get, but in my opinion realistically it won’t work.