Usage of Rally Cry/Last Stand/Shield Wall

Hi Guys

I’m starting to do heroics and maybe Ive been in groups with great dps which kill mobs fast, but I’ve not found myself using our major defensive cooldowns. As they are 3min+ cooldown, do you use one at a time for packs of mobs and rotate?

I don’t really tank much, so someone might be able to be more specific than me. Heroic dungeons are kinda easy so you can usually do fine without any of your defensive cooldowns.

Rally Cry is mostly used as a group buff rather than only you need it, but ofc it can olso be used only as a self cd. Ill suggest using it only for yourself if other two are on cooldown. So if you know a big hit is coming for the whole group you can use it in advance or if group failed a mechanic Rally Cry could prevent a wipe.

Both Shield Wall and Last Stand can be used in a similar way. Shield Wall is the strongest and its best used when you know you are gonna take a lot of damage. Last Stand is really strong and it can also be used before some big damage, but it can also be used after u have taken a lot of damage to prevent death. Basicly Last Stand and Shield Wall are your big life savers, and you can do fine without them if you have ok gear and good healers, but they really do help out, and they can prevent death from some mistakes you do while tanking.

Warriors have another semi-big defensive cd and thats Demoralizing Shout. You can basicly use it whenever u want, but if there is a fight with a lot of adds, its best to time it so if effects adds too.

But also dont be scared to use your defensive cds even if you dont 100% need it. Since warriors have 2 really good defensive abilities you can use one of them even when its not 100% needed. And as you learn the fights you will get a better feeling when its a good time to use one.

Hi Pann

Thanks for tying such detail, I think as I’m only doing heroics (getting close to starting mythic 0) I think I fell into a trap of not needing to use them and when I see 3min timers, I did wonder if I should use on trash groups or only save them for bosses.

Please do.
Warrior tanks are squishy if there is any magic damage thrown onto them.

In M+ dungeons you will garuantee use more defensive’s on trash packs then on boss fights, since you will need to beat the dungeon timers you will do bigger and bigger trash pulls as you progress the M+ levels.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.