Using Sap cancels Stealth?

I have searched online for an answer to this and couldn’t find anything. Sorry if this topic already exists somewhere else on the forums.

My Problem - I’ve recently started playing a Rogue and have noticed something quite odd. Whenever I use Sap, I am removed from Stealth. I am lucky I was only in Stonetalon Mountains at the time, and not in a dungeon, otherwise things would’ve escalated quickly. Is this a bug? If not, when and why did Blizzard change it?

If this is an intended change, doesn’t that mean Sap is now not viable as a form of CC?

My sap doesn’t break my stealth, look for a local issue. Like a fault in your macro or something like that

Thank you for your reply. It’s interesting to know that this issue doesn’t seem to be affecting everyone. As for my macro, I don’t use one for Sap as it’s simply bound to 1 when I am stealthed. Maybe there is something else I am missing. Perhaps it’s caused by one of my addons?

are you playing classic by any chance? otherwise dont know

Hello Retier. Thanks for replying. I’m playing the Retail version of the game, but my issue seems to have stopped. Sap no longer breaks my stealth. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.