Using the 'Welcome Back' gift locks you out of the Allied Race Heritage Armour

I’ve now wasted 13 hours levelling only to be locked out of it! :cry:

The ‘Welcome Back’ gift is seen as a ‘Boost’ service and it completely locks you out of the Heritage Armour Quest/Items.

This was reported back in PTR with no response since then. Nothing on the Blue notes stated that this will restrict you from getting the Heritage armour.

Recently resubbed to level all my Allied Races and now this… :x

2 Likes

You don’t have to use it. It’s just some gear and a few cheap bags.

I recently resubbed bc of the FFXIV content drought till the next expac gets announced.

Didn’t know anything about this ‘addition’. All blue posts about it do not mention Allied Races being locked out of the Heritage Armour. :confused:

So I guess you ignored the BIG warning you get?

It’s not Blizzard’s fault you didn’t read the IMPORTANT pop up boxes.

There was NO WARNING about the Heritage Armor…

6 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for sharing. Blizzard should have had warned us about it!

1 Like

You sure about that?

Please tell me that for this intense gotcha moment you actually tried to apply the “welcome back” gift of gear that the posters above are talking about and you aren’t trying to apply a level boost where forfeiting the heritage armor would be expected.

Right?

You’re applying the “welcome back” gift to an eligible character and that throws the above popup?

It happened to me the first time I used the service on a human but I didn’t screenshot it, that screenshot is from wowhead. It could be a one time thing only.

That screenshot is from someone who said this was taken on the PTR.

I too got no popup when applying the gift to a character for the first time.

Please don’t respond to people like they aren’t intelligent enough to read the text on a popup when you don’t know that the popup is on live servers and will be shown to players in every circumstance, because you can’t know.

1 Like

Except I do know as I got it once, and yes, a lot of people don’t read pop ups. You can tell by all the refund my token posts that are around.

Dottie, if you honestly can’t see how unneccessarily condescending this sounds without being completely sure that you know what this person saw, then I don’t know what to tell you. How did you help that poster other than talking down to them? What if it turns out that there’s an error in the popup and you just gaslit some forum poster about what you just told them they definitely had to be seeing?

Are you telling me I must be mistaken too because I didn’t get a popup on any character I applied the gift to?

I know what I saw. And I saw a warning about Heritage gear, if they didn’t then they clicked on it without reading it. Which is their fault, and I don’t care how condescending that sounds.

The only time that warning doesn’t appear is if you already have the heritage gear.

You heard it here first, folks. Dottie is 100% certain that there is no situation on live realms where that popup would not be shown, because Dottie saw the popup. This means everybody else sees the popup. Regardless of what character, what circumstances their account is in, if they’ve used a boost before, if they haven’t used a boost before, how long they’ve been inactive, if the character had been inactive for so long that they had to do a force name change before or after the gift, no matter rain sleet hail snow, that popup will show.

There is only ONE reason the popup won’t show, and that is when you have heritage gear.

Dottie said so. And it’s YOUR fault if you don’t see that popup.

So I must be mistaken. And so is the guy who posted this thread.

Both of us had to have seen a popup. We’re just not intelligent enough to see and understand what the popup says.

There you go folks, helpful forum goer 101. Thank you Dottie.

3 Likes

I did not receive that notification Dottie - I’ve also tried it on my other AR characters to see if this pops up and no, it does not. This was also posted in the US forums as known bug.

Funny enough, I used the lvl60 boost from DF on a dwarf DK and I got the Dwarf Heritage Armour quest straight away when I logged in despite being ‘Friendly’ with IF (?)

I on the other hand looked up “helpful posts” and your name ain’t on that list, Dottie.

There was nothing passive about my post. I am calling you out for using these forums to somehow boast a fragile ego by being condescending towards others, even when the people come forward with a legitimate gripe that should be addressed. You admit that you don’t care about sounding condescending.

You probably went in game, tried it out and didn’t see the popup either, which is why you moved the goalposts with “maybe it only happens the first time you do it”, as if that somehow made it better to not include the warning “using this gear upgrade will not allow you to obtain heritage armor” every time this service was performed.

There is no scenario where that warning should not pop up on every single eligible character that the user wants to trade heritage armor eligibility for a substandard catch-up gear set.

I just did this for the first time on an account I haven’t used in 2 years on my laptop, which is completely separate from my original battle.net account.

The character WAS eligible for heritage gear.

There was NO popup about heritage armor.

There was a choice about resetting my quests or keeping them in my quest log, a final “are you sure you want to upgrade” and not a single word about that costing my character their heritage armor.

So I decided to look at that process from another perspective and went to Youtube where someone posted a video of the process, a month ago, so likely from the PTR (where the context-less Wowhead screenshot is from). As you can see, both his characters have the “gear update” text flag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pO3fbgsC4

He does it twice in this video. Not a single popup about heritage gear.

So now we have your “trust me bro, I saw it” against the OP and mine “trust us bro, we didn’t see it” and let’s just assume that the other people posting about this are just as bad at reading popups as we are:

So Dottie, this statement you made right here about this completely new system that’s not been extensively used by the public yet:

Unless you are a Blizzard QA employee - in which case shame on you for behaving like that on a forum full of your customers - and have full insight into bug reports and client behavior on every single target system, that is a statement you will only ever make if the only goal you have is to desperately be right about something.

You are not here to help.

Hello everyone,

So it seems there is some confusion around this stemming from issues on the PTR combined with some assumptions based on other problems about unintended boost restrictions.

In short though:

• The Gear Update shouldn’t remove your eligibility to unlock heritage armor
  • Currently we have no evidence that the Gear Update does remove eligibility

So any characters that can’t unlock this likely already had eligibility removed by one of the other things mentioned here:

EDIT: Quick update to say we’re taking another look at this, just to make sure. Thanks all!

What warning?

I don’t have the void elf heritage armor afaik.

1 Like

Hello all,

I got a response back from a GM.

This is currently a known reported issue that’s being looked at.

They don’t have a way to restore the Heritage Armour Quest though :confused:

There is indeed no warning, because this is not intended (and was not intended on the PTR, which is why the warning was removed back then).

We unfortunately don’t have any more information than that currently, however our developers are working on fixing this issue as soon as possible.

Sorry for the confusion!
(and for everyone, please remain civil with each other)

2 Likes