Val'anyr for Hpala worth it?

So my guild for a healing set up for 25 ICC HC is always a Hpala and a disc priest then we will normally run a shammy, druid and as for the 5th it will normally be a second hpala or we might bring in another druid or shammy depending on the sign ups that week. Both druids and other hpala all run val’anyr then my disc priest is extremely good, pushing 99 parse in all his fight.

So my question is for my healing set up is it really worth is me (hpala) to run val’anyr when I could be getting better weapons with much greater stats to increase my healing ability instead over massively over healing due to either the other hpala or druids getting the val’anyr proc and that is stacking along side my disc priest who 99% of the time has everyone bubbled anyway,

1 Like

According to the hpals from my guild Val’anyr is still bis, excluding for like 1-2 fights in ICC. I don’t play holy so idk how true this is.

Yes, with Valanyr you are giving your tanks a lot of absorbs which helps in survivability. Usually 15-20% of our Hpallys healing comes from Valanyr shield proc. No weapon in WOTLK will increase your healing by that amount from the bonus stats they give compared to Valanyr.

Granted yes the absorbs from the proc are nice but if your running multiple Valanyr’s in one group then they don’t stack, so if i’ve got the disc priest bubbling everyone then either the other hpala or of the other druids proc then it won’t stack so it won’t do anything for the tanks or even off the splash from holy light as the disc priest or the druid with the hots has got it, granted the bubble from the proc is massively higher coming a hpala using holy light but i’m battling multiple people just to try and get the proc on a target. So this is why i’m trying to work out would it not be better to go with a high stat stick to pump out those large heals or just keep contesting each other and hope you proc and heal faster than the other healers ?