Valeera on the Horde side

So, in the Shadowlands introduction quest line, we see the Alliance (represented by Genn & Co.) on the left and the Horde (Lor’themar & Co.) on the right. A lot of fuss has been floating around about Calia Menethil being on the Horde as a light undead. But that’s pretty reasonable, considering they are making her the de facto leader of the faction, after Sylvanas pced out and went to cuddle with the Jailer.

What really boggled my mind was Valeera being right there next to those filthy Hordes. True, she identifies herself as a Blood Elf but stated numerous times that she is not part of the Horde. Instead, her allegiance is to the Wrynn household.

So then why, pray tell, is she on the other side of the fence in the intro quest line? Did she suddenly decide to jump ship, now that Anduin is, in accordance with his crime of boring the player base half to death, in hell where he belongs? Or was she chased out by Genn and Tyrande’s xenophobic tendencies?

I’m actually confused here and would like an explanation. If anyone can provide one.

Yeah they should take her and Calia away from the horde side and replace her with Kiro and Talanji instead. At least we know those two are definitely horde.

2 Likes

It’s alpha. Either an explanation will be added, her alignment will be changed, or she is a placeholder.

2 Likes

I think that we are not supposed to think there are two sides there. Calia is neutral, completely, she’s literally alive because of Anduin and Saa’ra. Valeera is definitely loyal to Anduin alone, she’s his best friend and personal spy so she’s not Horde, no. I think people should just settle that the faction rivalry is coming to a stop (other than the night elves who still have atrition with the horde, reasonably so, and that is shown on Tyrande).

2 Likes

Trust me when I say we don’t like this any more than you do :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t want filthy Valeera next to the Horde either. If I could I would kick the bimbo off the icecrown. Get Mayla and Eitrigg instead.

5 Likes

Rp forum is not here.
But it boggles us too. I’m annoyed that she’s standing in Dazar’alor.

Blizzard is going a strange way. I can understand she still feels a connection to her people and sees herself as a Blood Elf. But she was always way to Alliance centric.
If she’s used it’s only making the miserable friends of the Wrynn Clan, even Horde characters bow to them, more cringe then ever.
Horde players are the ones who have to put up with it.

2 Likes

Blizzard has reached a point where they need to scrap at whatever name they think is recognisable enough for Horde players.

That’s the reason they needed to fill the war campaign with former neutral characters that had little to do with the current Horde faction.
And that’s why they put Valeera there: they had already spent most of their notable characters in previous plots that villainised and killed them.

Ps: They also use this to fill in the leadership gaps they leave behind with every new Horde civil war they bring.

1 Like

Actually, she explicitly tells us her ‘loyalties are her own’, while she’s definitly loyal to house Wryn, that doesn’t necesarily means she’s loyal or even has a like for the Alliance as a whole.
And Varian is dead, and come Shadowlands Anduin is missing.
So, it’s actually not that far out she would then go back to her own people, while searching for Anduin.

But I like the Mayla suggestion, she definitly needs to stop being Baine’s shadow, although I have little hope for it, why must all prominent tauren figures be so boring as fudge.

Because all the other Horde characters has been killed or turned into antagonists.

The ratio of prominent Horde/Alliance characters currently unbalanced. So Blizzard took the most Horde-esque character on team Alliance and transfered her to team Horde.

1 Like

Valeera is a fun case.

She is not loyal to the Alliance and she is not loyal to the Horde, if anything she may very well despise the two factions.

She is quite loyal to the Wrynn family though.

And she is enormously supportive of her people’s, the Blood Elves’ actions, everything they have done to survive and thrive, getting aggressively defensive about it too hinting to a fair bit of loyalty for to people as well.

Valeera offers many commnets in regards to her loyalty.

She sarcastically mentions how the Alliance have been: “So welcoming” of her, aka… she have experienced quite a bit of prejudice from the Alliance.

As far as she is concerned, neither faction have done anything for her, and thus she do not care about either faction in return.

But it isn’t strange to see her, either looking for Anduin or being with her people, as long as it does not involve killing the opposite faction.

1 Like

We don’t know which of them plays a part in the prepatch. Probably Alliance-Harde chasing Sylvanas forces. Valeera-Calia is kind of neutral so it makes sense to bring them as a liaisons.
From meta perspective fractions are cooperating now so they put some faces that visualize connections between Horde and Alliance.

Wouldnt say she is loyal to wrynn famliy per see, Varian he was with her and broll part of trio of slave gladiators,And anduin is last lviing memory/Link to varian basicly and she knows him from when was small child(in comics she gives him few basic lessons so he can throw a knife for self defense)

But she was friends with varian casue shared past,anduin is due being link to varian , but she isnt friends/Loyal to them cause theyre wrynns if get what i mean?

It certainly does not have to be a hereditary thing for the Wrynn family to have a loyal Blood Elf with them, no.

It could very well be it is just Varian… and since Legion only Anduin, and this is about it. We know from the ‘Before the Storm’ novel, that Valeera worked as a personal spy for Anduin. I don’t think it is entirely false to say that her loyalties are with the Wrynn family and the Blood Elves only, because the only remaining Wrynn is Anduin, and she seems to harbor some loyalty to him… a great deal… enough to work as his personal spy.

Whether she is more loyal to Anduin than her own people is a fun little thought though.

Whilst it is very unlikely for Anduin to do so, how would she react if he ordered Quel’thalas destroyed I wonder. Or reverse, if the Blood Elves decided to send assassins to kill Anduin.

Would she stay out of it, or would she take up arms one way or the other.

I see if she had to choose between quelthelas/silvermoon or Anduin if both where in great danger,like would be t choose between parents when theyre diivorcing,have to choose but dont want to kinda thing

She’s a neutral character who was used to bring both factions together in times of need.

However she is a blood elf.

1 Like

She has been going back-and-forth during Legion and BFA but now she stands inside Dazar’alor to offer quests as part of the Horde War Campaign. She also features on the Horde side during the Horrific Vision: Stormwind (although, as visions are part of N’zoth’s manipulation, that could be ignored).

1 Like

I like how she pulls her daggers on the Alliance when Tyrande threatens Calia.

1 Like

was it not so that Calias name was in yellow, idincating neutral, and Valeera was green indicating friendly to both sides.

Guys, there is actually no question here. She is loyal to Anduin fullstop. She knows him since he was littlw, the reason she went to the Horde side was also on Anduin’s request to speak to Baine and warn Horde heroes what Happened inSW. As for defending Calia, yeah, read Before The Storm, Calia is a friend of Anduin’s.
AFTER Varian and Anduin , she likes the blood elf culture and the way they thrived but it’s more than clarified that her loyalties are exclusively to Varian and Anduin.

Edit: OBVIOUSLY her loyalty is not blind, she wouldn’t remain loyal if Anduin went 180 and allied with N’zoth or if he ordered the destruction of Quel’thalas just because. Just as she would fight against Silvermoon if they decided to murder Anduin.

2 Likes