Valorstones

What effort? The effort is already put in while farming the gear and crests, while most of your stones get binned, which is entirely caused by the cap.

You’re saying people should put more effort in on top of that to farm the stones they didn’t receive because they were already capped.

And since you’re saying that you don’t remember it being a problem throughout the whole of DF, let me remind you of the time Blizzard had to step in and adjust the amount of flighstones it took to upgrade things, especially weapons and legendaries, costing up to twice the cap amount, so you had to actively keep the cap in mind and visit the upgrade NPC constantly just to spend your flighstones and not overcap.

Anyway, all you’ve said is just workarounds for a thing that doesn’t need to exist that demonstrable leads to player frustration. You have yet to give a reason that justifies the cap. So do tell, why does a Valorstone cap exist in a system where crests are the actual bottleneck and the only thing a cap accomplishes is losing potential Valorstone drops while capped, and frustration caused by having to farm extra?

I’d be curious to know how you do that. I’m not sure I’ve earned that many this whole expansion.

2 Likes

Farming follower-dungeons (Stonevault is a quick one) could be a method.

I’ve capped out a few times already.

Handing in 5 wax gives you 10 valorstones
Heroics = 10 per boss and 30 for end boss
Renown ranks
WQs, rares, loot wax soil/killing mobs that spawn from etc.

I find all activities generate alot. I’m pretty much farming herbs and wax to make extra gold and to fill up on herbs to convert them to 3 star for when raiding and M+ starts, so I can put a ton of 3 star flasks on the AH.

But hoarding isn’t an issue. The problem is running out of them, then having to do menial tasks to top it up when you would have had more than enough from previous activities.

Genuinely surprised anyone thinks the 2k limit is good.

It was good originally because bliz had to put so much work in to change the habits of their players going from Valor to crests. Every decision was geared towards screaming UPGRADE YOUR ITEMS YOU ARENT WASTING CURRENCY.

Now though, people know the score and there’s not really any point keeping the cap so low.

Also you can store flightstones by farming wax and simply not handing it in. It’s also the most effective way to get flightstones right now anyway. I have roughly 4000 saved in wax.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the wax news on wowhead. Daft that we have to go to these measures.

I honestly just do not see the point people are trying to make. Just upgrade the gear in time, and there’s no issue. Sure, you can’t collect more than 2k in one sitting, so what…HS → upgrade → continue.

In the end there’s one main reason people complain; preparedness for season 1. Yeah, back to the hoarding argument.

Because we overcap at times we don’t need to spend it. So we overcap constantly and that excess goes to waste because the system wants you to have to actively go out and farm it when you need to use it. Seems counter intuitive and especially considering they have really changed their approach being more mindful of player time. This goes against that. This is oh well all that excess you could have used now. Tough. Now you go farm, having to seek out additional activities that shouldn’t be necessary.

The weird thing about the valorstone system, as shown in DF is that you start off and you cannot farm enough of them, but then you quickly hit a point where you literally can’t spend them and you’re overcapping, meanwhile you’re fighting for every crest.

If they did have some transfer option it would make gearing alts to a reasonable level a lot faster, and you wouldn’t feel the as much need to save them early on and stockpile them while you wait for a higher ilvl base item on your alt, which is what you do initially to save stones/crests.

The problem is that you’ll find yourself in situations where you don’t have anything to upgrade (no item, no crests because of the crest cap), but you keep playing and your Flighstones/Valorstones go to waste.

Doing content that awards Valorstones, but you don’t get them because you’re at the low cap of 2000, doesn’t feel good. It doesn’t make me play more; it makes me play less.

Capping crests and valorstones seems overkill to me. One of them should be uncapped (or have a much higher cap).

3 Likes

Feels like it got nerfed overnight (and I only cottoned on last night!)

It got obliterated, yes. But the nerf came on reset.

Main problem I see with valorstones is the same as with flightstones.

You either have 0 valorstones, or you have 2000 valorstones.

1 Like

You can’t do that, you need crests.

1 Like

I’m the same :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

You need both.

1 Like

I swear sometimes people never read :stuck_out_tongue: Valorstone has no cap after being used and crest has a season cap.

But there is a cap as to how many you can have at one time.