VDH for Casual Tanking

Hey All,

I recently started playing wow again because I purchased a Steam Deck. I mostly play an hour or 2 every night pretty casual.

I like to play a Class who can Tank for quick dungeons and raids. I also like healing, but healing on a Steam deck with consoleport is not reccomended.

I have every Tank class near lvl 60 now, and I think I like the Demon Hunter the most (Class fantasy and playstyle) but I also heard VDH is one of the harder tanks. War/pal and druid are pretty easy to do. Most of the videos I see about this do talk about high key M+.

Is VDH a bit more forgiving in LFD (heroic) and LFR? I will be pugging 100% of the time

VDH is hard

1 Like

I doubt it’s feasible. Movement as a DH requires very precise movement and ability aiming. As VDH, you’ve got sigils, Infernal Strike jumps, and also Vengeful Retreat (if talented).

1 Like

If you’re looking for truly casual tanking, you’d definitely be better off with Guardian Druid or Prot Paladin. But for LFD or LFR you can play about anything and you can make it work. Next patch VDH is looking incredibly strong and I feel it’s a very nice spec to learn right now. I’d suggest watching a video or two about their way of mitigation, so you’d have a good grasp on the basics.

Avoid DH unless you are willing to graft at learning it. Paladin or Guardian would be a FAR better pick. DH has so much to track it could get overwhelming very easily as content gets harder.

VDH is fun, it’s the only tank that i think it’s fun, i picked up tanking 4 weeks ago and today i tanked my first +21 dungeon.

It is very fun to do big damage as tank, but the only difference between lets say VDH and Guardian is how you pull.

VDH: SoF>Fiery Brand>Infernal>Mid air Spikes> when you land instantly Immo aura> Fracture> Spirit Bomb.

Guardian: Thrash.

You get the idea, it’s the most fun tank in the game, but it’s not very forgiving, even tho it feels great to do, leaping into middle of the pack of mobs without any preparation will drop you low and get you killed before you have time to react unless you instantly open with Fel Devastation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.