Vengeance DH.. What am I doing wrong?

Hola DHs!

So I have been gone since roughly legion, and has mostly mained dps and some offtanking.

I believed I have researched alot, written guides, yt vids etc.

But I still have instances of where I take a melee hit between 600k and up to 1 million.
This is mostly happening in +22 keys.
And since Im mostly pugging, its really annoying to “loose” a key, because I feel squishy.

I remember getting a 1.04m shield bash in Atal’dazar, even in EB some of the bigger mobs have one shot me, and I’m like wtf?

Yeah I’m aware that due to me being mained dps my necks got to much mastery etc. but still…

Anyone been in this situation and have any ideas of where I might be able to improve?

It’s likely that the mobs are either getting buffed (bolstering this week) or you’re getting a debuff on you that’s making you take increased damage. It’s important to keep track of these things so you know when to kite, even if you’re at full HP.

True, but it Atal’Dazar pack, is a 4 mob pack, and there was still 2 alive so max would be 2 bolster stacks, and then a 1 million hit?

The 2nd, was in EB, and bolster had run out, so its abit weird.

Started playing VDH recently, and got the same problem. Was feeling, like I was 5th DPS, not a tank. Then i switched to full defensive build from Dorki and it helped a lot

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.