Vengeance feels weak as dps

Trying my best to do as more dps i can as Vengeace while keeping the health bar green,but still it feels low in keystone,raids,open world,Is there anyone who has the same problems,who feels Vengeance is low in dps?
If i change talents for better dps then i lose soul fragment .

Vengeance is pretty good dps as a tank, but it shines in heavy AoE fights.

1 Like

Vengeance does good AOE but can fall behind in ST.

Luckly for us this tier added in a lot you can do to build up that ST.

For example you can run Cyclotronic blast, Crucible of Flame, and you will find those boost up your dps but about 10k.

Theres more you can do with it, but its just to give an idea, if you want ST you really have to build for it as a DH.

If you fully build into ST you can reach around 30k in a 5 min fight, so it can get pretty crazy.

2 Likes

I made today 2 key in Underrot 9 and 8,i died too much,both key was mine and i did only 10 k dps,it feels like sometimes i am just too bad,and i want to become better,i will never reach to do +10 key if i continue like this,i am too stucked,and i can’t turn to guild for advise,since most of them don’t play dh and left for classic.
Anyway i will take any advice that maybe can help me .
Thanks regardless.

To find out ur problem i d love to check out ur gear 1st if u dont mind.

My Vengeance gear is on,and i will keep it for a while to have notice ,Thanks.

After checking your gear I have a few points that could help you.

Your minor essences are absolutely useless for pure survival. Vision of perfection in minor won’t help you that much, the decreased cooldown on meta is nice but that’s it. Memory of Lucid dreams is the same, no passive defense. Try using aegis of the deep or null dynamo. Switch them based on the dungeon (physical/magic damage) Aegis is fine for trash dungeons like motherlode, while dynamo could be appreciated in temple of sethrallis.

For your major power you are fine to use Anima of life and death. It is a nice cooldown and it helps to hold aggro. However, try using vision of perfection. Meta procs heal you and you can keep that decreased cooldown on meta. If you use vision in major, don’t forget, that anima in minor is almost mandatory. Somebody also runs gluttony with vision, but I have done low testing on this subject to recommend it. See for yourself if you prefer vision build or anima…

For Azerite essences in m+ you always want 1x hour of reaping, 1x cycle of binding 1x essence sever.
Then you want as many as possible of revel in pain.

Haste is your best friend for soul generation, while versatility for damage/survival.

If you die in dungeons forget about your damage. It is important in much higher keys, than what you are running. You first need to manage your primary role as a tank. Then you can focus on DPS. Tanks need to survive and healers need to heal. If this conditions are not met, then their DPS is irrelevant.

EDIT: I forgot about your trinkets. You should focus on getting some tanking trinkets ASAP. These won’t help you. The current tank BiS trinkets are from lady ashvane and Queen’s court. Another good one is alchemy trinket.

1 Like

I did a few runs as tanking in Eternal palace,but didn’t dropped yet those trinkets,i am still working on them. I Saw someone using conflict and strife as primary attributes for neck ,i think it cleans all the negative spells on you.
Good this one i take this point. I use Memory of lucid dreams for faster pain regeneration to get healed faster .Aegis and Null dynamo requires long work in Naz but will do.
Thanks for this advise,may Korvas Bloodthorn guide your strength.

U have to much mastery and low on vers. I know its all about luck, but try to change it. Mastery is a last stat we want.
And make sure u follow rotation

IA-fracture - bomb - fracture - filler ( IS, throw glaive, sigil of fire) - fracture - bomb - soul cleave (rest of pain remove) - repeat ( at that point IA shld b off CD)

About essences major can be:

1. anima (any rank)
  2. raid essence (must be rank 3 for 40% reduction
  3. strife and conflict (must be rank 3, it provides: any CC, silence, interrupt etc. gives a stack [max 8 stacks] of strife, vers is dubled for 5 sec, other words, u use mass fear on 5 mobs pack - boom 5 stacks straight away with 500 extra vers for 5 sec, mass silence - boom, sigil of chains - boom).

Minor essences also 3 choices

1. magic shield from mechagon any rank but better rank 3 it deals dmg, 1.75mil - 3 mil dmg depends on dung
  2. aegis
  3. strife rank 2 is fine, better rank 3 for 8 stacks. ( i pref strife over aegis cause, than u tank boss or small pack u get more vers)

I personally play with
Major : strife
Minor shield and aegis

1 Like

So for conflict and strife for rank 2 is required rated that is something that i cannot reach to do,and i am not sure if rank 1 would bee enough,i used to keep Feast of souls talent in key and raid,but i changed cause doesn’t provide me enough heal,Thank you for this explanations.Wish to return sometimes in Legion.

Indeed its pvp essence. Rank 2 easy to get. U just need 1000 rating. 1000 rating = 10 wins. Till 1000 rating very common to fight vs 2 dps. As VDH and +1 dps u ll just rape enemy team. Main thing to stay 1vs1 atleast.
And till 1100 rating u dont lose rating upon defeat. So just random 10 wins, and make a pvp cap 500 conquest points.
Pvp cap easy obtainable, in pve aspect:
Invasion quests, war chest, kill a enemy faction killer. In 4-5 days easy obtainable by just doing pve.

For rank 3 its harder but still NOT THAT hard. Need to push rating atleast till 1600+ so in weekly chest can loot 5 combination items. 3 weeks and can get rank 3.

But I recommend atleast get rank 2. 10 wins and weekly 500 conquest cap.

Rank 2 65 level neck = 54 vers per stack, stacking 5 times = 270 vers. What is not so bad. Rly good in dungeons with small density of mobs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.