Versatility - why it's bad for the game and why it should get replaced

Mastery is also useless. It always was the creation of someone making spells and instead of making a spell: they made a …spell that needs a stat to increase itself; stup; just make a (passive) spell.

Just have Stamina + Intellect/StrengthAgility + Crit + Haste because those are ACTUALLY unique in functionality without having the complexity of whole spells.

Conquest vendor is great for the most part (except some slots not having desired stat combinations).

Honor vendor is an actual waste of honor points as the items are very weak compared to the effort required to upgrade them (and I don’t mean weak in PVE).

The upgrades for conquest items cost way too much honor and that’s what many players are upset about.

You can’t give a bad implementation of PVP vendors while also ignoring every single feedback in the process over the course of two years and then say absurd things like “Well look at that! PVP players are never happy. We gave them PVP vendors as they asked and they’re upset!”

It’s like you’re purposefully not understanding things or exposing contrarian views (since you don’t even participate in the content it makes no difference to you) just to get people mad.

Seems like a trend in here.

I understood the system was an honorsink, for the PVP-only player base, who had asked for an honorsink.
:man_shrugging:

I no-longer participate in PVP for a very simple reason, by the time I have got all my PVE gear, etc at a satisfactory level…it’s way too late to be engaging with PVP because getting repeatedly one-shotted is very, very, very tedious.

It first became a seriously noticeable issue in Ashran, yet ironically WoD is referenced as a ‘golden era’ by PVP players.

Apart from the Alt leveling opportunity offered by Alterac Valley during the anniversary event, PVP is now dead to me…even ‘Maurice’ couldn’t persuade me to re-engage, despite the fact I really like that mount.

Currently you are not getting one shotted because you have no gear but because of terrible class design. Even in full gear people die similar fashion. With gear nothing changes since trinket bonus is absolutely stupid. You get 40% more damage and healing from Versatility not damage reduction.

To be able to play PvP you need a screen full of weakauras to instantly react to certain CDs. Otherwise you are dead. This is another problem of devs “fantasy”. I agree people have to die like Holinka said but not in less than 1 second.

Let’s focus on gearing though.

Lol when did anyone ask for an honor sink? Asking for an honor set and a conquest set != asking for an honor sink…

wished we d go back to the wotlk style of stats. i miss spirit, pvp stats etc.

1 Like

You are aware that Holinka was the PVP person in MOP right?
it is the same exact person on top for PVP with the EXACT same philosophy about pvp.

Use search - Honor token… Conquest token… Honour and Conquest being transferable to Alts…etc…etc…
Apparently despite the allegedly heinous price of upgrades, players are sitting on truckloads of Honor and Conquest…because PVP-only.

Multistrike was way way better stat
versa is just as you said BORING
even mastery in many cases is boring cause it’s giving you increase dmg instead of doing something interesting with your spec

I know but in SL he said people have to die. While I’m thankful for S14 and S15 it’s not MoP.

Honor isn’t and you can buy conquest chests like Valor chests. At least if you post something then check if it’s true.

Power: That’s all primary stats are now.
Cooldown reduction: haste does that for some spells.
physical damage reduction and magic damage reduction: ehm… versatility. So a stat that does three things is more boring than a stat that does one thing… yeah… right.

Yes because you have choice. I mean you PvE players will just go for max damage to get better parses as it’s your fetish but at least we will have more choices.

As boring as it sounds I still think that pvp gear should have something extra only pvp related like resilience. I don’t think that it’s as healthy as one might think to force PvE players having to PvP for certain bis stats and same goes the other way around.

The stats OP suggested are much cooler but I highly doubt it will ever be implemented.

I didn’t say all of that actually existed in game, I indicated a variety of PVP currency sinks had at one time or another, been asked for by PVP-only players…do at least try to understand the conversation, before posting

Let’s not make gearing even more complicated.

Ye. I started WoW Classic TBC today to try it out and even seeing the resistance stats there was more entertaining to see than just “Versatility”.

Or, you know, just throw PvP out of WoW and make a separate game for that where all the PvP Geeks can dream their dreams off without annoying PvE players with “dumbed down systems for sake of balance”? Last time I checked AI in games didn’t complain about class XY being OP or Ability YZ OHKilling them…

There is probably an argument for making Arena specifically, a separate e-sport game, with a WoW theme.

That said I like having Alterac Valley in the game since the sheer number of players tends to mitigate the PVP god-gear players somewhat…some of the other BGs can be fun…and I thought the Xpac-specific Battlegrounds like Wintergrasp, which was linked to PVE mat gathering, were both enjoyable and gave PVP a purpose within PVE…again sheer numbers helped, if you were short on PVP gear.

I agree, versatility makes pvp gearing incredibly boring. No more crit for you. Casters with 5 % crit fully geared, how fun. Haste vers, haste vers, and a bit more haste vers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.