Vespoid Lattice droprate (Protoform Synthesis)

There is a huge inbalance between Lattice droprates.
I have spent 2 hours killing bees for Vespoid Lattice and got none but I need 5 to craft all vespoid mounts and pets.
The droprate is too insane and I refuse to spend countless hours mindlessly killing bees or spending a huge sum of gold for some green items in a system where I need to repeat that many times from different mobs.

3 Likes

I’m not looking forward to the RNG frustration of this.
I’ll stick to the easier ones to obtain for now I think. I don’t like these low RNG things, I don’t have TLPD for that reason.

You also have atleast a year before 10.0 comes out to get this done.

So there’s no rush to get 5 in the first month of the patch.

1 Like

sadly true.

It’s an awful crafting system. But it’s what we have. So we must endure.

1 Like

To be fair, the wasp mounts are the best mount models in SL. I’ve spent a lot longer farming mounts that don’t look as good.

One thing that’s different with these is, that you can buy and sell the lattices on the AH. So if you can’t be bothered with the random nature of farming the lattice there’s also an option to just buy it.

Well i mean atleast they are tradeable, but apart from the Lattice we have the unique resource, like for example the Revelations Key which i have never seen drop so far.

i dont think is a bad crafting system, i do however not enjoy the below 1% droprates

i do find enjoyment in looking around, killing snails whever im in the area, do specific actions to get recipes or crafts mats

3 Likes

I think low droprates are okay if it’s item you can buy from AH, and not Soulbound recipe. For that it’d be unreasonable.

So in the case of Vespoid Lattice, I think it’s okay.

The other issue that does bother me so much is that you cannot farm it if you don’t have protoform synthesis (thus on alts or players not having it unlocked…). I’d say it’s okay for recipes to have this condition, but not for BoE items. Possibly even not for the Acc Bound blue items.

1 Like

It was changed because people don’t like the rare farm. People like me who like the rare farm don’t necessarily like the grind these mobs endlessly.

I’ve just spent an hour grinding mobs in the zone to get enough genesis to make the next mount. It’s awful.

Whilst I appreciate you may like this new system you have to appreciate that it was much simpler and faster for me to do a circuit of rares a day and be free until the next day. Now it’s grind grind grind. 500 motes for most of the mounts I’ve crafted plus inane stupid ingredients that are rare drops and more RNG farm, grind grind grind.

I prefer one simple RNG chance and freedom to this.

If you prefer this system then you are the audience it’s aimed at, and that’s great. I would have preferred a bigger mix of grind vs rare drop mounts myself as a better compromise.

This is a bit odd to me though, since many of the mount schematics are pure NRG drops just like the actual mount drops from the rares are. I just got a helicid schematic from the weekly chest. According to Wowhead, it’s about 11% drop chance, which isn’t bad, but still. And there’s a mount schematic in the Enlightened paragon cache as well.

To me this is basically the same as the Mechagon blueprints system, but for mounts and pets. It’s almost completely identical.

1 Like

Yes I’m starting to think that if this is the alternative to RNG, then I’d rather have random drops.

1 Like

I belived it got fixed somehow? Not 100% sure, but the first days I saw vespoid lattices going for 50-100k on AH, then when I checked for fun 2-3 days ago, they were going for 9-10k ( Kazzak ). So I assumed given supply-demand, either the drop rate was increased, or maybe some botters started farming them hard and took the price down. I already crafted my 3 vespoids and have the mats for the last one, got 3 drops and bought the last one off AH, but I would be for increasing the droprate. There are already some grindy bits: motes, blue component, schematic, lattice, at least make one of them easier.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.