Vestments of the Eternal Traveler Transmogrification Set

I agree it doesn’t look good on them, but it’s not illegal. It’s not false advertising.
Meh, at the end of the day I don’t care enough about this issue… I got the Epic edition and I have no regrets.

Blizzard are generally very good with refunds.

When they announced the removal of flying in WoD, I cancelled my sub but also got a refund on my Mystic Runesaber, I complained they showed it as a mount flying in Shadowmoon Valley which was misleading.

One year (2018), when I blindly bought the virtual BlizzCon ticket upon it’s announcement, presuming they would have equally good in-game rewards to the year before (two flying mounts), and I didn’t like the banner and cloak, I got a full refund without quibble.

2 Likes

Aww Daestra, you’re a sweetie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Given how much some members of the community like to help out, if this had been advertised as intended, I am sure we’d have seen plenty of “friendship tmog” groups appearing for players to do just that. The way that it has come out that, it all just feels underhanded and like players are being taken advantage of.

3 Likes

Thank you hun I would put my mount up all evening for people to help them out and for the week aswell .I hope everyone will just buy the basic now and they lose out on heroic and epic sales .This is so wrong but if I can make anyone happy by helping I will .

2 Likes

The transmog set/mount was only stipulated in the heroic bundle description. If the transmog was, infact, available in the basic version why is there not a photo of the set along with the shadowlands box? Why is it not explicitly stated that it can be gained with the basic version via the higher versions mount?

You’d have thought that they’d be shouting from the rooftops if they were giving a transmog set out with the basic game?

4 Likes

Petition for everyone who bought the epic version to only use the Everwyrm from now on so all others only need to buy the baseversion and we cost blizz money.

1 Like

Well, it’s not considered as false information. It’s an omission of information, they wanted people to buy an expensive pack because that’s how business works.
I’m fine with it? Certainly not, it’s misleading and sooner or later your costumers will not trust you anymore but it’s no illegal.

Hiding a feature is NOT false advertisement.
Saying a feature is in version X when it is not, IS false advertisement.

There’s a a clear difference.

To be clear; I’m not saying what they did was the right thing or even ‘nice’, but it was not false advertisement.

1 Like

An omission of information for the sake of making more sales (or persuading people to buy the higher priced item because of FOMO) is false advertising not to mention both morally and legally wrong due to advertising laws

to quote from the UK gov website:

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations mean you cannot mislead or harass consumers by, for example:

• including false or deceptive messages
  • leaving out important information
  • using aggressive sales techniques

I think this constitutes as important information tbh

11 Likes

It is clearly listed under Heroic. To me that would seem to be a false advertisment.

I’m no solicitor and I’m not about to get legal advice over this.

4 Likes

That’s very much down to interpretation.

Anyway… I’ve had enough of this topic.
Enjoy ‘sueing’ a multi billion dollar company. :man_shrugging:

I’m not sure anyone has threatened to sue them. I do expect Blizzard to refund people.

The product isn’t worth the cost of hiring legal representation to pursue this. Unless you find some bored rich billionaire who has used his 120 boost and wants his money back. The boost use making you ineligible for the refund under normal circumstances.

come on Tahra. Dont leave. I like discussions.

Its not down to interpretation. Its a core aspect of the packages they are selling and thus, id say, its vital to include all information about where it is available from.

For the record. Suing wont do anything. Reporting to the gov to investigate, fine and force their hand to change is another thing.

2 Likes

Me too, but I simply don’t care enough about the topic.

I have a doubt though. You need the mount in order to get the quest, right? If you don’t have any friends or whatever to get this quest then you can’t earn the Transmog.
So in theory the Transmog is not an important feature of the basic edition.

They give the impression it’s available to the heroic and epic versions.

2 Likes

They sure did, and to make things clear I’m not defending them, but it’s not false advertisement.

Id have thought that if this was the intention it would have been sung from the rooftops that ‘any pre-order has the chance to get this transmog’. They advertised it as ‘you get this quest from this mount thats only available from heroic/epic bundles’. That, to me, insinuates exclusivity of this transmog for heroic/epic bundles.

Blizzard dont strike me as a company that keep that kind of offer under wraps. They made alot of other advertisements stipulations obvious (dottie’s 3m max for charity, the toys for MDI prize pool etc)

Also im not an expert in advertising law but i have 13 years exp in advertising /print agencies and production at various stages along the process. I wouldn’t have left this detail out of the advertisements if it had been an intended feature of the basic bundle

1 Like

It looks pretty false to me.

However none of us work in any legal capacity.

3 Likes

Probably they knew it was possible to earn this infamous transmog by only buying the Basic Edition, maybe that’s why they attach a quest only given by the mount of the Epic Edition.
They advertised the Herioc Edition because the transmog was:

• An important selling point.
  • You needed the Heroic Edition in order to get the quest.

The main feature of the Basic Edition wasn’t the obtainable transmog, its main selling point was the game itself and DK Allied races.

Edit: I confused myself with Epic and Heroic. My bad, sorry.