[VIDEO GUIDE] Restoration & Battle Shaman 8.3

Hello farseers,

I just edited a short video guide about shaman in raid for the patch 8.3.
I’m also sharing my UI and my thought about the shaman state in the mythic raid meta.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excellent video! Helpful and I really enjoy your soothing voice. Rekindled my old resto-spirit! Battle Shaman seems pretty cool!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback :blush:
Hope that my french accent is not a problem for the uderstanding of the video.

BRSham is really unique, interesting and helpful in mythic raid !

Your accent is not a problem in any way! I like how you speak calmly rather than fast and/or shouty. Makes it easier to focus on what you’re saying and extract the shared information!

I will never put my foot in mythic raiding, but I appreciate these kind of guides to learn a bit more. Maybe even improve, hehe.

Thanks again!

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

New and aspiring shaman here. Great video, I like the editing!

I’ve always enjoyed paladin/monk healing, but never considered shaman healing… how does it compare?

Moreover, can anyone elaborate further on the “battle shaman” thing? Just a resto that’s set up to do DPS too?

1 Like

Hello ! Thanks for your feedback;

Monk is the only healer i never played, so i can’t relate here.
Paladin is more of a reactive fast paced healer (the glimmer haste build made it even faster).

Shaman is about slowly hard-casting big fat crit heals. I personally play both of these classes in mythic raiding, but have a bit more preference for shaman class fantasy. Your kit make you helpful in a lots of situations and you have the feeling of being the foundation of your healing team.

If you want to learn and improve as a healer, shaman is a great class to start Mythic raiding. You won’t have any struggle finding a guild and the class is easy to start with.

Concerning BRShaman, like you said it’s a restoration set up to dps. This build is only use in MM Raiding when you need more dps in the encounter, but you can’t afford to put a healer on the bench. (Because there is a specific phase where you’ll need more healing/CDs).

So basically, your job is to DPS as much as you can during the whole fight, but help your healers in critical phases.

Thanks for the thorough input. I think I’ll give it a try.

I know that in dungeons (mythic + or otherwise), monk/pallies are able to contribute DPS as well in certain situations, is this the case as well for resto shaman?

Well, i am not so sure about the Battle Shaman. Any Disc will put out more damage, so it mostly applies if you need a spirit link.
I played with 3 ingenious potential at azshara M and usually didn’t top 10k dps overall. As we did not kill her take it with a grain of salt.
Mostly our dps rotation is just plain boring to play.

@Dravik: I’m not a mm+ player at all. But a shaman is not as good as hpal/rdruid even a monk. It’s harder for us to “dps weave” due to long cast time on our kit.

@Ograshuk: That’s mean your guild did not used well the BRSham. If you are playing this build you are here to pump DPS ~90% of the encounter.

If they needed you to heal more, they should have asked you to play classic build and dps during low hps needed windows. (like other bosses)

A lot’s of guild ask their shaman to play BRSham just to mimic what they just seen into logs/video without any clue about how to use it.

I rather prefer to play classic build too. But we can’t spit on an additional tool in our bag. Even if the rotation might be boring.

As you can see on Azshara MM logs, BRSham can perform very well.

1 Like

I’d really like an in-depth guide of the battlesham! Seems like so much fun!

1 Like

Why not, might be a good idea for my next video. I was also thinking about a “tips for every boss” video.

Sounds good to me :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.