Voice Chat servers cause lag

Hi there. So whenever I have a long loading screen, once I’ve finally loaded past it I’ll get two system messages in chat - “Lost connection to the voice chat service.” and “restored connection to the voice chat servers.” These loading screens are particularly annoying as they’ll affect me when I travel to instanced content like raids and such, so eventually I ended up deleting the WoWVoiceProxy.exe in my Wow folder.

And what happened? Bam, instantly my loading screens were as fast as I knew they should be. So what’s the problem? For some reason WoW keeps adding the WoWVoiceProxy.exe to my folder after a client restart, and the long loading screens come back again. Is there some way I can permanently remove WoW’s voice chat functions? I never use it as if I wanted to communicate with others, I’d frankly use Discord and would rather get rid of bloatware permanently if it’s increasing my load times as it is doing.

Hey Falerian,

I have not heard of this delaying loading screens, certainly an interesting situation. Do you perhaps have any security programs active, that might be restricting access/connections to the WoW Voice Proxy?

No, it is not possible to fully remove this from the game directly.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Hi there Nenyasqi - I first grew suspicious of the voice chat a while ago, and saw this thread on reddit the other day, just so you know there’s others affected by it :slight_smile: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/asfnek/there_needs_to_be_a_better_way_of_disabling_the/ - lots of the comments mention the same delay I’m having. My firewall doesn’t appear to be causing any grief.

This has been happening for weeks if not months now, whenever a loading screen takes an inordinate amount of time to complete I will always see the 2 lines about lost and restored connection, that is in addition to the random 30-60 sec lockups when the game randomly loses connection to the voice server and is trying to reconnect, its incredibly annoying and the fact that we have no ability to totally disable a function that we never want to use and is causing so many problems beggars belief.

1 Like

I have the same 2 lines of losing and reconnecting.

1 Like

WoWVoiceProxy.exe is a cancer, if you stop it ll restart and after some min start lag…
I played without firewall and opened all port… that is a problem i m wanna feel free to stop that process, i don t care about wow chat… blizzard care?! they spy us by that?! Oo

Any solution plz