Voice Chat settings missing

Hello hello,
im trying to make use of Blizzards ingame voicechat, which works fine for the most part as in im able to use it via push to talk. Now i wanted to switch to “open mic” just like my mates.
But now the bizare thing is that the section in which you can select your transmissionmode or input device etc. is completely missing for me.
According to my mates and google there should be a section called “Voice Chat” under System - Audio.
But for me it ends with the Ping System. Ive trial and error’ed for hours trying to find a setting that brings it back but to no avail.
I then checked if one of my addons is the culprit and started wow with a renamed interface folder so i started without addons - problem still persists.
I then renamed the WTF folder, started wow again and it finally showed the section again.

My problem now is that i obviously dont want to flush all of my settings just for that one ,that i cant seem to find, to be “fixed”. Maybe one of you has a clue what the issue is or how to fix this and can relieve me from the pain of pushing a button to talk :wink:

Check your bnet privacy settings https://account.battle.net/privacy#social-settings are not blocking it.

okay i found the solution - if anyone ever runs into the same issue as me do the following:

go to your wow directory → retail → WTF → open config.wtf
delete the following line:

SET VoiceInputDevice “{0.0.1.00000000}.{69005ee6-c452-4ef6-b1ac-ab359a47a47f}”

it seems that when the config already sets a device the whole tab wont show up, if it is “unset” you’ll have that tab back