VoiceError while voice chat is disabled

I have disabled voice chat through parental controls because I don’t use this feature at all and I don’t want to get stuck on loading screens due to voice server errors.

But now I am having VoiceError 16 again and again. It started about 3-4 days ago. Why? Has Blizzard decided to override Parental Controls and force voice chat on me again? I’ve checked Parental Controls and have enabled and disabled voice communication once again.

1. Why does the World of Warcraft client once again try to connect to voice servers in violation of the Parental Controls settings?
  2. Is there any other way to disable voice chat in World of Warcraft? The feature was introduced so long ago. An overwhelming majority of World of Warcraft players still prefer other options. Why can’t we disable voice chat from in-game settings?

I’ve had quite a lot of slow loading screens since then but this time I’ve even seen the error again:

19:05:45 Can’t connect to a voice chat server right now. Please try again.(VoiceError: 16)

Error 16 again and again. Why can’t I just disable it? Oh wait. I can’t. Because Blizzard addles me with this “feature”.

Blizzard has wasted so much time I’ve paid for by making me wait with a full loading bar until the server once again tells me:

Can’t connect to a voice chat server right now. Please try again.(VoiceError: 16)

It is getting worse now. I’ve just waited for a minute only to be disconnected due to this bug!

I actually HATE how they force that voice chat on us, with no way to disable it or opt out, nor do I trust them to NOT listen to my mic and send the data to their servers. Disabling it in any way causes endless errors which makes me even more suspicious.

So much so I disconnect all mics and headphones from my gaming PC, and just run telegram on my mobile phone to talk to people.

Alright, Mulder. Back away from the computer before it … 10001101111100101. A9. Loc confirmed.