Void elf customization

I tell you what I reckon would be cool mind, if our mouths turned into something akin to Venom with all the teeth and stuff when we proc into that void form. There are void mobs on Argus that looked like that (some of the first ones we saw) and I thought it looked killer.

That’s fair, i am for Void themed customization of course, anything that isn’t monstrous is welcome, after all, they’re still Elves, and most people that play Elves want to be pretty, not monstrous, there are Worgen, Orcs and Undead serving that purpose. The example i have is the bald option that was allowed, which is a customization that looks more corrupted and twisted in nature, it is notoriously unpopular, i rarely see people using it, which makes me question how popular distorted,corrupted and odd themed customization would be for them.

What makes me a bit defensive over them is the fact that most people that advocate stuff like “make Void Elves more Void” or “Keep blonde to the Horde”, “Blood Elves are your High Elves, Void Elves are Void” are generally people that don’t main the race, or don’t even play it, mostly Horde mains that just don’t want Alliance players to receive what they request, i don’t think that feedback that come from a place of spite should be heard.

I feel the customization for Void Elves should come as an expansion to what they originally have thematically, like more twisty hairstyles, more unnatural hair and skin colors, more of these copper colored with purple gems earrings, etc. and some more High Elven stuff to appease the broader Alliance playerbase, most of the Void Elf players that i see from my experience seem to have a sound preference for natural skin colors over their original skins.

Have You seen Yogg-Saron? That’s what i mean :lips:

3 Likes

Being an elf and being monstrous aren’t mutually exclusive. Look at DHs. They have monstrous skin tones and additions, and you see far more DHs with these additions as opposed to people just playing a generic as possible looking elf DH, so I’d question the basis on which you’re claiming that people whom play blue void elves “want to be pretty monstrous because they’re elves”.

I mean, they largely have no option to explore looking monstrous because blizzard don’t allow it. The idea the bald hairstyle is an indication of this is ridiculous. Bald hairstyles have nothing to do with looking monstrous or corrupt, and so people not using it is no indication of this.

Bald hairstyles aren’t generally picked on elves in WoW because elves in WoW have many enlongated head features like their ears and eyebrows and then having no hair to offset it just makes most of the look ridiculous. The only one who pulls it off is Oculeth but that is because the nightborne npc model was designed to be bald, so the face shape and structure works with it (prominent brow etc) whereas all other elves were not.

DH is a hero class, not exactly a race.

Void elves are simply void ELVES. That what they are. Just because a monster uses the void similar to them, doesn’t make them monsters. The shadowmoon Orcs also use the Void, are the Void elves now lore wise can turn into orcs? Like I don’t understand this logic.

Void elves are Gothy Nerds with a passion for learning. THAT passion for learning lead them to the Void. They are simply Elves with the power of the void infused in them, they aren’t monsters.

Asking for N’zoth eyes is fine. But asking for the void elf race to literally turn into monsters doesn’t make sense lorewise

They are controversial. You even get kicked out of the Stormwind cathedral. And get uneasy eyes from other alliance leaders, like when Alleria used the Void to torture a civilian and Jaina got uneasy about it.

We don’t need to turn into monsters to prove that. We are elves, who use the void and are infused with it. Simple

If you want a void monster ask for a different race. Void elves are not that.

Another day another high elf fangirl asking to turn void elfs in to disney princesses. Bet You just want to play that toon You post with on Ally side. And that’s about it. You don’t care.

Because they never wanted void elves to begin with.
Blizz gave Ally something dark to balance out Lightforged. But high elfers get tantrum because they wanted their barbie dolls. While other players like me liked it. Now we have something in the middle that noone fully enjoy.

They will never be as preety as belves let’s be honest here :upside_down_face: But boy I enjoy them so much more.

Void supposed to be corrupting. Not just purple purple magic.
Acording to lore velfs should be as controversial as forsaken in horde - twisted creatures.
Blizz was going in this directionn but then ppl star crying for belf customization…

Because they never wanted void elves to begin with. We know what these player wanted.
Blizz wanted to give Ally something dark to balance out Lightforged. But high elfers get tantrum because they wanted their barbie dolls. Now we have something in the middle that noone fully enjoy.

They will never be as preety as belves lrt’s be honest here. But boy I enjoy them so much more.

Void supposed to be corrupting. Not just purple magic.
Acording to lore velfs should be as controversial as forsaken in horde - twisted creatures.
Blizz was going in this direction.
Moving tentacles that spround from head and orange eyes with vertical pupil would look awsome!

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I want more dark corruption, N’Zoth eyes and more tentacles (in more colors such as that voidy purple tentacles), more dark colors including all super white like Alleria’s void form and my greatest wish is for male void elves to get a long hairstyle. We’re stuck with short ones.

3 Likes

Oh yes pure black and pure white hair colors. This is all I want.

But N’zoth eyes and More tentacles would be nice too. (Even though I don’t use the tentacle hair on this character). This is my favorite hairstyles Edgy, Gothy, and pretty :tipping_hand_woman:

5 Likes

Agreed, but I never said make them into monsters, simply monstrous features.

The fact they;re “infused with the void” and study it copiously, yet have no monstrous features to pick is bizarre.

They are called “Void Elves”, the use of void in their name is significant.

Let’s look at common void tropes in WoW shall we? And see how many they capture, pretty much all instances of void infusion/heavy use involve:

• Insanity/mania - this checks out as velf mention it
  • Use of shadow magic/void magic - this checks out
  • Changing of physical features - partial check out. Velf turn blueish and get wierd glows on their hair. This is very mild compared to what we’ve seen the Void do to individual whom have been touched with it (and alledgedly Velf are infused with on a fundemental level) for example development of additional growths is very common, or appendages, eyes, mouths etc all feature a lot. You only need to look at Krokul on Argus, Garrosh in SoO, the voidy Ethereals. Void users don’t get changed a lot, but when infused it seems there are many potential changes, and it is odd that velf have very little to choose from other than having “wierd colours”. Not asking for them to be monsters but surely textured skin, small growths etc would be appropriate?

To me it wouldn’t be a bad thing to offer velf more options to express their level of void corruption. I mean, they were literally infused with void magic, so the idea it cannot be seen except for their skin tone is bizarre to me, given where other individuals in WoW are bathed in void magic they always change more than in colour.
Maybe it’s just elves have some kind of wierd immunity, but i’d expect to see more telltale signs than them being blue honestly.

I do think blizzard is being reluctant to run with the void theme more strongly. I don’t mean they need to become these writhing masses of flesh, but I disagree the Velf are as “controversial” as they could be in the alliance with how the game handles them. “Kicked out of the cathedral” is false, the guy expresses how he thinks “there’s nothing for you here” but you aren’t kicked out or prevented from going there at all.

WHere void magic is used in the campaign, the amount of times individuals seem completely unfazed by it compared to those where they are is ridiculour. Jaina is “uneasy” yet on more than one occasion you and your pal Umbric are teleporting all over the place using Void rifts, dropping Goblins into the infinite abyss and nobody thinks “oh, this is a bit much” and additionally despite being told infinite times “it’s a battle, in our minds, all the time” Umbric is endlessly competent as is Alleria, they void is just a tool they can use without seeming drawback or issue.

To me, if nothing else, this is more important than the customisation, i’d like their void use to be believable and for it to actually seem like it’s a “precarious path they tread”, I want to see them having those moments where their use of Void “tips them over” a bit and they need to be brought back to reality and reminded, I want to see that vaunted morality, I want to see fatigue and struggle and consequence to the use of the magic excessively as we’re told they have.

I don’t want to see Umbric calmly conjuring portals perfectly with no issue every time I need them, and walking the same moral line every other alliance hero does. I get that Void elves have “mastery” of the void, but if you reduce the void to being a thing that is perfectly controlled with little consequence, you remove everything that is actually interesting about it.

The risk, the tipping points, the chaos, the unpredictability, the ambiguous, this is the stuff that makes the void interesting. Otherwise it’s just arcane magic that is coloured black and blue.

Don’t tell me “the void is full of risks” , actually SHOW ME in game this is true. I get sick of individuals like Alleria constantly moaning about how hard it all is and yet we rarely see any signs of it being hard for them.

Pure black eyes too. I think it would fit better void elves than night one.
You know - the EMPTY stare.

just gonna leave this here

4 Likes

You want yeetpack? I support You.

Seriously tho, Void elves was was such a great concept to balance out factions. Horde have wariety of races from pacefull, preety, ugly to sinister while Alliance is just all goody two shoes. We need more variety really.
That’s why we should get more options to show velf darker nature rather than swept everything under rug.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.